Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #46

mac i feel is more like leica overpriced for similar product, definite niche. pc's would be canon/nikon b/c of their market share/volume sold for sure.... hmmm maybe linux for pentax (cheap and reliable?)?

06-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
Where did I mention Macs? You're quite confused.
Where did I mention you? You're not only confused but striking out blindly. Too much pie?
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Too much pie?
I'm a PC. There's never enough pie:
Attached Images

06-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Canon & Nikon have thoroughly captured the hearts of amateur, budding pro and pro dslr users.

For Pentax to break up this love relationship would mean having to spend double,triple,possibly quadruple the marketing and advertising spend of Canon/Nikon

Unfortunately we now have a world wide recession so the above aint going to happen too soon and hence the K7 (However brilliant) will follow the same road as the K10d (Brilliant & groundbreaking) and K20D (first with 14,5mp sensor) in the photographic world & Canon and Nikon will keep marching forward

Sad but true

Dyl

06-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Unfortunately we now have a world wide recession so the above aint going to happen too soon and hence the K7 (However brilliant) will follow the same road as the K10d (Brilliant & groundbreaking) and K20D (first with 14,5mp sensor) in the photographic world & Canon and Nikon will keep marching forward
Those who climb high will fall low!

Inevitably, Canon and/or Nikon will fail to please their customers. That's because when you are the biggest player on the market, you tend to get lazy and conservative. You can only sell big and bulky cameras with awkward controls for so long until the buyers are realizing that there are much better options on the market. Inevitably, it will become extremely 'uncool' to own a camera of the big two.

Proof: I've never seen that many people wanting to change systems from C/N to Pentax, now that Pentax has the K-7.
06-23-2009, 04:06 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Totally agree with the "big & uncool" with regards to myself and hence why I kept away from the early dslr and was looking at Oly before buying the K10D.

Yet still, Olympus (being at the forefront of small dslr) has in no way made an impact on Canon & Nikon - a great deal of people out there like to have "bragging" rights and Nikon & Canon are able to give - the Oly E3 is a brilliant dslr in it own right yet even on this forum the likes of the Nikon D300 and Canon 40/50D will still garner more interest and attract more buyers - even from the members of this forum.

Dyl
06-23-2009, 04:30 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Totally agree with the "big & uncool" with regards to myself and hence why I kept away from the early dslr and was looking at Oly before buying the K10D.

Yet still, Olympus (being at the forefront of small dslr) has in no way made an impact on Canon & Nikon - a great deal of people out there like to have "bragging" rights and Nikon & Canon are able to give - the Oly E3 is a brilliant dslr in it own right yet even on this forum the likes of the Nikon D300 and Canon 40/50D will still garner more interest and attract more buyers - even from the members of this forum.

Dyl
Pentax is missing a 35mm sensor in its lineup--with the K-7, it's no longer missing 5fps. Going with a four-thirds sensor with a strong AA filter (and a pretty hefty camera for a four thirds system) is a step in the opposite direction.

Last edited by asdf; 06-23-2009 at 04:50 AM.