Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
The extended warrenty is one of the biggest money making scams EVER!

Ray
I agree...unless you're buying a high risk item and you buy a third party warranty. Square Trade and other extended warranty companies are great and cheap. I would never buy a warranty from a big box store, but when I can buy a new product with manufacturer's warranty or buy a refurbished product and save possibly hundreds, I don't mind spending $30 and (in some cases) getting more of a warranty than I would have with the new product.

There's a big difference between letting the Best Buy dude rip you off and actively seeking a quality warranty program on low warranty refurbished products.

06-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProppaT Quote
I agree...unless you're buying a high risk item and you buy a third party warranty. Square Trade and other extended warranty companies are great and cheap. I would never buy a warranty from a big box store, but when I can buy a new product with manufacturer's warranty or buy a refurbished product and save possibly hundreds, I don't mind spending $30 and (in some cases) getting more of a warranty than I would have with the new product.

There's a big difference between letting the Best Buy dude rip you off and actively seeking a quality warranty program on low warranty refurbished products.
I couldn't disagree more.. the bb warranty has saved me several times (360 console not included)
06-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #18

Walmart is up to $749 now (boooooo).. but I noticed the Amazon price for a new body-only price went down to $631 (w/ 3 year warranty).

I pay 8+% sales tax in NY anyway. So the Walmart deal would've ended up being $720 or so. If I can get B&H to match Amazon and ship it to New Jersey or something I could effectively get the same deal (if not cheaper.. how much is the included kit lens REALLY worth anyway). I'd rather put that money towards the new Water Resistant lenses.
06-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wow best buy has a few good pentax deals in the referb area

06-24-2009, 04:21 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QVC Today's Special Value

QVC has the K20D as a Todays Special Value for $699 w/ lens. This is certainly "main stream" marketing.