Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Out of curiosity, did you make them an offer? And if so, what did they accept? Might help out some people here.
I went crazy and asked for $500

they counter offered $580... to me its a great deal.

at B&H I would pay $699 + NY taxes witch would end up to be close to $750

06-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
I went crazy and asked for $500

they counter offered $580... to me its a great deal.

at B&H I would pay $699 + NY taxes witch would end up to be close to $750

At $580, it's a great deal. It's even worthwhile at $750, IMO, especially since it's a lens most people will probably keep the rest of their lives, or as long as they're shooting Pentax.

I get neat shots from that lens by pure accident , for Pete's sake - mark of enchanted glass:

06-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was hoping redpigeons had seen that post, but oh well.
06-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I was hoping redpigeons had seen that post, but oh well.
I saw the post ... I am not a big eBay fan I thought since a lot of people here have good expedience with prodigital I rather pay the extra dollars

still a good deal for me but obviously if the other seller is strait that's even better deal

06-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #20

are they out of the $399 ones?

I just went to look up the DA35mm on ebay and now I see them for $549
are these guys legit??? apparently the $399 ones are all gone I did not find them-- of course if you ask my wife I cannot find anything

kman
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sure looks like they did.
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
I could not resist any more got a SILVER 77mm!!!!!
for more the $100 less then B&H plus shipping

I hope this lens will be as useful to me as I hope!!
No doubts there -- it will be.

QuoteOriginally posted by zhewie Quote
I believe its a related seller to Prodigital. On my paypal receipt, the seller is listed as "CARMANS", which from another post I read is also Prodigital.
Carman's is the franchise. This is a physical store based in Stratford, Ontario. prodigital is their web presence. I had a bad enough experience with them I spent my next couple grand with other firms.

06-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Carman's is the franchise. This is a physical store based in Stratford, Ontario. prodigital is their web presence. I had a bad enough experience with them I spent my next couple grand with other firms.
I'm curious as to what happened. I've bought a 40mm and a 21mm off them and both lenses have been great. Did you have a return issue?
06-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
how much does the DA* 35 cost over there? if the price of buying the DA 35 + shipping is much cheaper than to buy one locally, it is worth the gamble. if you want your package to arrive there on time without any delays or custom trouble, then the easiest way would be sending it thru UPS, DHL or FEDEX or whatever. I do believe those custom guys can't do nothing and have their hands off over such shipments.

I had done several types of international package transactions. USPS and international EMS deliver the items usually 7-9 days. DHL, FEDEX, UPS deliver the item 3-4 days (without any delay). if you want it to arrive 1-2 days, you just pay extra. don't worry, I had tried those things.
I haven't checked lately, so I'll have to make a quick trip to the sole distributor to ask, though the last time I checked on the DA* 16-50, it's being sold for around US $988. I have bought stuff from KEH, Adorama, and B&H before, using different courier services (FedEx and UPS), but each and every time, the grubby hands at customs bars entry of the shipment until I agree to pay for the customs tax.
06-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #25

Wow! I had time yesterday - prodigit accepted my offer 355(from 400) for da-35! As I see now, he extends his offer upto 550! Very strange politics But good seller, especially he accepted my offer about shipping.
06-19-2009, 04:59 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I'm curious as to what happened. I've bought a 40mm and a 21mm off them and both lenses have been great. Did you have a return issue?
They overcharged me for shipping and then said they'd give me back the difference if I placed yet another order with them (this after buying two lenses). Their communications are quite bad. Email is pointless and phoning means long distance charges plus dealing with different people who say different things. Packaging was minimal and not sufficient for trans-Atlantic journeys.

Plus others have reported that they regularly sell items they do not have in stock.
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fair enough. Packaging for local shipment in Ontario was adequate (however these were aluminium lenses), and I got charged correct amount for shipping (as I would expect, being in the same province). I guess if I had an issue I could always drive over....
06-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I have bought 4 lenses from ProDigital2000. They were
DA* 16-50mm
DA* 200mm
FA 77mm Ltd
DA 40mm Ltd

Here is my experience.

Ordered a Silver 77mm and received a black one. They admitted the mistake and offered to exchange the lens. But instead of an exchange they gave me free shipping on my next order at my request.

The DA*16-50 was no issue

The DA* 200 was defective. SDM motor would not focus. they would have taken an exchange but I was not comfortable with their return policy. So, at my option, I returned the lens to Pentax USA for warranty service. I paid for shipping to Pentax for my own piece of mind.

The DA 40mm Ltd was sold to me when they had none in stock because they were expecting a shipment which never arrived. They offered a refund or asked if I wanted to wait for the lens to be "in stock". I opted to wait. It took several weeks but the lens finally arrived. I received weekly emails updating me to the status of my issue each time offering a refund or if I wanted to wait a bit longer.

Sometimes it was a bit frustrating but all in all, I always got the lens I ordered. If their pricing was the same as everyone else I'd go elsewhere. But, I got my lenses at a significant discount and I'd definitely buy from them again for the same reason.
06-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I have bought 4 lenses from ProDigital2000. They were
DA* 16-50mm
DA* 200mm
FA 77mm Ltd
DA 40mm Ltd

Here is my experience.

Ordered a Silver 77mm and received a black one. They admitted the mistake and offered to exchange the lens. But instead of an exchange they gave me free shipping on my next order at my request.

The DA*16-50 was no issue

The DA* 200 was defective. SDM motor would not focus. they would have taken an exchange but I was not comfortable with their return policy. So, at my option, I returned the lens to Pentax USA for warranty service. I paid for shipping to Pentax for my own piece of mind.

The DA 40mm Ltd was sold to me when they had none in stock because they were expecting a shipment which never arrived. They offered a refund or asked if I wanted to wait for the lens to be "in stock". I opted to wait. It took several weeks but the lens finally arrived. I received weekly emails updating me to the status of my issue each time offering a refund or if I wanted to wait a bit longer.

Sometimes it was a bit frustrating but all in all, I always got the lens I ordered. If their pricing was the same as everyone else I'd go elsewhere. But, I got my lenses at a significant discount and I'd definitely buy from them again for the same reason.
thank you for the info
I did offer them $370 for the DA35mm macro and they accepted ---- I should recieve it monday according to the UPS tracking ---- I have never ordered from these guys before and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with them.
I did notice on their ebay listing that the lense has an international warranty.
I assume yours did too and that Pentax USA was ok with that for warranty work, is that correct?

thank you
Kman
06-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kmanlaker Quote
thank you for the info
I did offer them $370 for the DA35mm macro and they accepted ---- I should recieve it monday according to the UPS tracking ---- I have never ordered from these guys before and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with them.
I did notice on their ebay listing that the lense has an international warranty.
I assume yours did too and that Pentax USA was ok with that for warranty work, is that correct?

thank you
Kman

did you offer that before their listing ballooned up recently? their listing before was around 400, now it's around 500+ something.