Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
did you offer that before their listing ballooned up recently? their listing before was around 400, now it's around 500+ something.
I got one of the last ones when the listing was at $400
it was the next day after I got it for $370 ( BIN = $400 )that it went up to $550 and I was surprised how the price jumped up.

Kman

06-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kmanlaker Quote
I got one of the last ones when the listing was at $400
it was the next day after I got it for $370 ( BIN = $400 )that it went up to $550 and I was surprised how the price jumped up.

Kman
I was contemplating of getting the 35 because of it's outstanding IQ for 35 (50+ equiv.) photography and macro. but I guess the 50 A 1.2 or FA 1.7 could be sufficient and efficient do that job as well (or even better). I guess I just need to do a lot of space adjustment because of the 50's longer reach.
as for macro, I think leaving myself with enough space would be a better idea for shooting both animate and inanimate objects. that' s why I opt for the 100 macro instead. I just wish that they have a bargain for a 14mm or 12-24, I would be glad to buy them within a heartbeat.
06-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #33

this seems to be a cousin of prodigital and it has the lens for 480$ OBO.
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kmanlaker Quote
thank you for the info
I did offer them $370 for the DA35mm macro and they accepted ---- I should recieve it monday according to the UPS tracking ---- I have never ordered from these guys before and I appreciate you sharing your experiences with them.
I did notice on their ebay listing that the lense has an international warranty.
I assume yours did too and that Pentax USA was ok with that for warranty work, is that correct?

thank you
Kman
Yes you are correct. The issue with my DA*200 was totally covered under warranty.

06-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #35
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by zhewie Quote
I believe its a related seller to Prodigital. On my paypal receipt, the seller is listed as "CARMANS", which from another post I read is also Prodigital.

My offer equivalent to $500 US was accepted.
I received my lens today-- the lens was packed in its original box, and placed in a small cardboard box with a thin bubble liner. No damage to the packaging, but I didn't expect much since it had a short journey arriving next day via UPS.

I will post my first pic soon.

I just wanted to note that its a 1 year international warranty, but its a 2 - year Pentax Canada warranty. I thought the lens would be grey market, since the price was so low. Makes me wonder about the mark-up that Henrys had on this lens- the website lists the 77mm limited at 1049 Canadian.

In all it was a smooth transaction, and I received my lens in 2 business days.

Last edited by zhewie; 01-17-2010 at 12:44 PM.
06-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zhewie Quote
I received my lens today-- the lens was packed in its original box, and placed in a small cardboard box with a thin bubble liner. No damage to the packaging, but I didn't expect much since it had a short journey arriving next day via UPS.

I will post my first pic soon.

I just wanted to note that its a 1 year international warranty, but its a 2 - year Pentax Canada warranty. I thought the lens would be grey market, since the price was so low. Makes me wonder about the mark-up that Henrys had on this lens- the website lists the 77mm limited at 1049 Canadian. I thought I saw the price at $699 just a couple of weeks ago...

In all it was a smooth transaction, and I received my lens in 2 business days.
Lucky you !!

mine from prodigital have not been shipped yet
and I am considering canceling the deal

here is why I hate Ebay
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Actually just talked to them
the problem is on my side with my pay pal

and the girl was very nice so I am taking it back
06-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Every time I needed to contact customer support at ProDigital2000, the CS people bend over backward tio help you out any way they can. They have outstanding customer service

06-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
And here's the FA 77mm Limited for US $530 obo w/ free shipping, from a seller that looks VERY much like Prodigital2000 in different clothing.

NEW PENTAX smc FA 77mm F/1.8 LIMITED SILVER LENS - eBay (item 330338396580 end time Jul-17-09 13:28:08 PDT)

That's about $70 cheaper than Prodigital2000 itself is offering it for. Maybe you can get them as low as $450 shipped?
That is where I bought mine...I offered what worked out to be $488US and they accepted. If I had used the Bing.com discount with the 8% it would have been $485 but I just wanted to be close and just guessed at the right amount in Canookian currency.

Thought it was a wonderful deal. I did opt for the UPS 2nd Day Air service for $18 just because.

I was somewhat concerned over their FB but when I looked at the negs it was mostly for slow delivery which, for international shipping, especially via UPS Ground can take FOREVER...we'll see how well I spent that extra $18...
06-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Guess who? That's right: Prodigital2000.

I had a less than stellar buying experience with them with the DA 40 Limited, but this is a pretty great deal on the DA 35, especially given that some people have been making offers $100 under the asking price on the FA 77 and getting the deal.

{snip}

edit: and I forgot 8% Bing.com cashback
I almost forgot too...I scored a DA 35mm Macro today for $419, from Hotdigital, less the 8% or about $385 with free shipping. I promptly cancelled the one I ordered on Amazon over the weekend.

Here is the listing:
Pentax DA smc 35 F/2.8 Macro Lens for K20D K200D NEW! - eBay (item 300311497945 end time Jun-28-09 10:36:44 PDT)

Now if I can find a 50-135 for the same price before the one I also ordered on Amazon ships I am gonna feel really jazzed. BTW, paid $749 on Amazon. Probably should have ordered from B&H instead in case there are probs, B&H has always been great at dealing with issues. They had it for the same price and also with free shipping.
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #41

If any is interested, here it's a place where they have a good discount on 3 Pentax lenses:

Pentax

Btw, could anybody explain the 8% discount from bing?

ok--- just checked online... again one of those deal only for US residents...

Last edited by soalle; 06-22-2009 at 09:08 PM.
06-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #42

This seller seems to have a lower price compared to prodigital:

NEW PENTAX smc FA 77mm F/1.8 LIMITED SILVER LENS - eBay (item 330339775898 end time Jul-23-09 13:12:31 PDT)

(I'm not related to the seller in anyway
06-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soalle Quote
This seller seems to have a lower price compared to prodigital:

NEW PENTAX smc FA 77mm F/1.8 LIMITED SILVER LENS - eBay (item 330339775898 end time Jul-23-09 13:12:31 PDT)

(I'm not related to the seller in anyway
That is who I bought mine from. I made a Best Offer that was within reason and it was accepted. I opted for paying $18 for UPS 2nd Day delivery and had the lens in 3-days (from order to shipping to delivery) and I am in on the West Coast in California. I was concerned the seller had some FB issues, but if you read them, most seem to be over issues such as slow delivery...the seller is in Canookia...HELLO...that is one of the reasons I never went into selling hardware on eBay...people. bleech...people are a PITA...hehehehe...

Anyway, I cannot test my lens until tomorrow so I am not sure if it's OK or not. Also, I will say the packing, well, it stunk. The lens in it's box was out into an shipping box that left just enough room for the lens box to rattle around inside. Soooo, that is my one concern, then again, Amazon is just as bad in packing their camera gear...

Just thought I would add my experience with them to the list. So, I suggest one reads the seller's FB and evaluate them form there. I will say I probably will be ordering more from them based on the very prompt service I received. Took them a day to actually process the order, but after than email it all happened quickly.

BTW, I suspect the seller might be drop shipper, but that is pure WAG on my part.
06-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Also, I will say the packing, well, it stunk. The lens in it's box was out into an shipping box that left just enough room for the lens box to rattle around inside.
I will bet that 123easyship is prodigital under another name. That is, unless there are two sellers with similar inventory and MO in the same small city in Canada. Chances?

I had the same issue with how the lenses were packaged from prodigital. I bet 123easyship never answers their emails either.

The fact they operate under multiple names does not inspire confidence. Though I am glad some people have had no problems with them.
06-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #45

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got my 77 ltd from prodigital for $550 US and had no major complaints. It shipped quickly and I had it in a reasonable amount of time. The packaging was also great with plenty of cushioning where the box didn't move around at all.

My one complaint about them is they tried to open a non-payment complaint about a week after I received the lens. It was quickly resolved as I had proof from paypal that they did indeed receive my payment.