Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #46
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What if -- who cares?

To answer RH - the unofficial Pentax gloom and doom "reporter".

I would do the same thing I am still doing with my 30+ year old Fu*ica ST series cameras. Break them out an use them - even post some pictures once in a while. I find it more interesting than scanning the back alley so-called news reports to make sure that my current camera brand is properly held in bad light.

PDL

05-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how many of the Sparx investors own stock in Canon or Nikon or own Canon/Nikon cameras? Not to be a conspiracy theorist here but this could be an under-the-table attempt to kill off the competition.
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I wonder how many of the Sparx investors own stock in Canon or Nikon or own Canon/Nikon cameras? Not to be a conspiracy theorist here but this could be an under-the-table attempt to kill off the competition.
Ahhh... well that's one conspiracy theory. The other one is SPARX has a branch in S Korea (Cosmo holdings) which has holdings in Samsung. So SPARX pushes Pentax to HOYA, HOYA sells the camera "division" to Samsung.... much better web of deceit......
05-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Japanese companies cannot be sold to Korean companies. Not sure if thats true or not but I wouldnt be surprised given the animosity between Japan and Korea.

05-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Japanese companies cannot be sold to Korean companies. Not sure if thats true or not but I wouldnt be surprised given the animosity between Japan and Korea.
Right but that's not the "american business model" that is supposidly sweeping through Japan. This whole SPARX/Pentax/HOYA thing is not the "japanese business way". At least thats what it said in the press. Also I doubt if "units" or "parts" ie liscenses,patents, ect are included in the unofficial bans. Samsung would not need the manufacturing facilities or anything more than a few engineers and a patent portfolio . I'm sure HOYA would want to keep some of this. Even if the Phillipines and Vietnam assembly plants are part of the deal, this would probably not go against the "corporate ethic". Now the name on the other hand may be problematic, but could be solved by liscensing.
All speculation of course......
05-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Its true but frequently overstated - a bit like the brits and the germans. Never stopped anyone doing business. China, Korea, Vietnam and many far east countries are happy to play host to Japansese companies and businessmen. They are nothing if not pragmatic.

Sparx could quite easily buy shares in Samsung - as easily as Nomura Bank could buy vineyards in California.

Actually the Samsung theory has an air of plausibility about it.
05-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #52
Inactive Account

If to run the animal catches, if to be the animal eats! If the Pentax will be seller or casting with the Hoya its end will be intentionally, therefore since the beginning of the conversations, Hoya had said that the interest was not the photograph department! I was not with the face of the Suzuki and very infantile Urano, is giving the Pentax of favour for Hoya, if it is for seller, that they seller for a price that valley the penalty. Watanuki does not go to obtain to convince the shareholders with its plan to increase the invoicing and the profit in the next years, since the last year that Sparks asks for to finish with the photograph department. This is the reality my friends. The employees who are living with this pressure all and we using them that we invest a good money in the mark, that in briefing will disappear. Everything this is very strange, therefore Hoya very makes a great pressure on Pentax and seems to order in the Pentax. Hoya already advanced some money for Pentax? If they to believe the one that Hoya to speak saying that she does not go to finish with the photograph department, will be much infantilidade, therefore later that to assume the command, Hoya make what to quizer to make, also to finish with the photograph department. Also already I am not aguentando plus this history all, that already turned a novel and press is to place firewood in the fire.

--
Pedro Ernesto Guerra Azevedo
pedro.azevedo@ig.com.br
Santos - São Paulo - Brasil