Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sezme Quote
Final 'con': 'tough competition to compete against'

What does that even mean? That having good competition is a negative for this camera?! I'm so confused.
what kind of con is that? I'm confused.

06-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #17

I left a comment or 2 as well!

1st Pentax with a battery grip?, come on!

There are a couple of other parts I've told them they should change too, will be interesting to see if it gets amended!
06-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I myself can't understand it???
He always makes a comment on how good the camera is but somehow hold out and takes it back.
He is just shooting for the sake of shooting and not even finding out the other features of the camera which other competitors don't have.
Even with the K20D before, calibration for each lens was never mentioned but it was a very good feature.
..and they all seem to never talk too much about the weather sealing (specially the new WR lens)..but I bet you if the competitors would suddenly come out with something like a weathersealing specially for the kit lens, then the reviewers would definitely blow out a parade!
06-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
Veteran Member

i did not like..

The tone of the review, was very strict as the Pentax is in debt to him..
did anyone notice a word about weather resistant kit lens?

I did not.

06-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

He even makes a comment like, you shouldn't shoot in RAW and jpegs should be right on the exposure and everything.
He even goes to the extent of saying like, that it is a pain to actually shoot in RAW and do PP..hehe.
It just goes to show how ignorant the reviewer is 'coz he can't even tweak the outcome of the jpeg with the in-camera adjustments..hehe..under-exposed my a**!
He's just saying, sorry, since I was too ignorant about the camera and wasn't able to make it work to my advantage, then it's the tool that failed and not the user..harhar!
Another one of those who says the microphone didn't have an echo or reverb that's why my voice sounded bad and I never became a music/singing artist!
06-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member

L o l

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
the shooter is a newbie who thinks he can produce good quality pictures with a great cam. when he failed to do produce good pictures, he just said that the photos are underexposed and blames/fault the camera for it.
Agreed!
06-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
He even makes a comment like, you shouldn't shoot in RAW and jpegs should be right on the exposure and everything.
He even goes to the extent of saying like, that it is a pain to actually shoot in RAW and do PP..hehe.
It just goes to show how ignorant the reviewer is 'coz he can't even tweak the outcome of the jpeg with the in-camera adjustments..hehe..under-exposed my a**!
He's just saying, sorry, since I was too ignorant about the camera and wasn't able to make it work to my advantage, then it's the tool that failed and not the user..harhar!
Another one of those who says the microphone didn't have an echo or reverb that's why my voice sounded bad and I never became a music/singing artist!
probably it's the K-7's fault. for an advanced/semi-pro dSLR, it wasn't too user-friendly enough for an entry-level photographer.

I guess he wasn't using a WR lens either. otherwise, we could had seen some really wet photos or didn't forgot to mention it as well.

06-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
"Cons: Underexposed images"

That cracked me up.
I believe there are things such as exposure compensation button, shutter speed control and ISO button. probably Pentax forgot to print an instruction's manual for those who just recently held a camera for the first time.
06-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
There are three places that review cameras, DPR, Imaging Resource and DCR ... the rest are utter and total hacks.
As someone who writes for one of the others, I agree.
06-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I think while the review is not incredibly thorough, the conclusions are reasonable.

Especially on the price/ performance issue. Pentax do need to be careful there with the price of the K7. If they set it too high, Canon and Nikon will simply eat their lunch because Canikon now both have a number of very strong prosumer DSLR's at price points likely below the K7, and big marketing budgets.

For example in Australia atm I've noticed Canon are now offering a bundle of goodies worth several hundred dollars for new 450D/50D kit buyers, and Nikon is now offering cash rebates of up to $200 for D5000 buyers - coincidentally both offers run right through the launch period for the Pentax K7 locally. And since Pentax lenses now are no cheaper than Canikon glass, IMHO Pentax need to be very careful on price.

Last edited by rawr; 06-19-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think while the review is not incredibly thorough, the conclusions are reasonable.

Especially on the price/ performance issue.
The review claims its 1.0 firmware but does not mention if its still a pre-production model. I have heard a few beta tests mention that the sensor is different then the final versions that will be on the street. If it is indeed a preproduction model they should update the review in a few weeks.
06-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
The review claims its 1.0 firmware but does not mention if its still a pre-production model. I have heard a few beta tests mention that the sensor is different then the final versions that will be on the street. If it is indeed a preproduction model they should update the review in a few weeks.
It does mention "Full production model" on the sample photos page...
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I'm a rank amature and I could of done a better review.
Pentax is not a company that throws money around, this might be the problem with this review.

Ray
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #29

Hehehe

He got a nice comment from me too.

"Nothing Stand out about the K-7" WTF?????????

Weather resistant Lens and Body!!!!!!!

Guaranteed Weather resitant to -10 degrees Celsius (14 F) and the fact that Canon 5D and Nikon D3X can't go that cold and operate. They stop at 0 degrees Celsius (32 F)

Now that is OUTSTANDING. $8000 Nikon can't compete with a $1500 Pentax in cold weather, now that is value for money.

PK
06-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think part of the problem with reviews any more is that they are not done by photographers, but by computer geeks. Hence, the focus on specs and technology and not on how the camera performs in real life situations.

I thought the whole grading system is odd. I mean, what is really the difference between an 86 and a 90? At least with DP Review you can understand Highly Recommended or not, although with Pentax, they always seem to throw in the word "barely."