Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sezme Quote
Final 'con': 'tough competition to compete against'

What does that even mean? That having good competition is a negative for this camera?! I'm so confused.
I'll translate. It means "if you're thinking of buying this camera, we think you should look at Nikon or Canon instead".

06-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I'll translate. It means "if you're thinking of buying this camera, we think you should look at Nikon or Canon instead".
what prejudice ! I think Pentax should do their marketing promos at a much much larger scale that it would overshadow Nikon or Canon.

that's the difficulty of Pentax having operating under the shadows of the two big companies. honestly speaking, both those two won't be where they are right now if they don't have great promotions. the key to a much successful business.
06-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
I'm a rank amature and I could of done a better review.
For lip gloss?

Because this would be the correct comparison, levelling out the respective background
06-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
For lip gloss?

Because this would be the correct comparison, levelling out the respective background
Yes lip gloss!

Do you have a problem with that...........Big boy!

Ray

06-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #35
Inactive Account

If this was based on a production camera, in his rush to be first, he obviously couldn't be bothered to take the time to read the manual, or at least understand what the 'green' button does.
06-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I find it hard to belive that this knucklehead had the first crack at the actual production camera.

Anyone else think the same?

Ray
06-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
I find it hard to belive that this knucklehead had the first crack at the actual production camera.

Anyone else think the same?

Ray
should've given the K-7 to me instead. atleast I would have solved that underexposed problem at a push of a button.

06-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be happy if I found out the picture of the cat was under horrible lighting and "under exposed" the focus was dead on and it pretty good details.
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #39
Veteran Member

haven't even read the review. as i've said before, i am sick of these kind of reviews, if i want to read a review for a camera or lens, these days i make sure i am reading one from a real photographer, pro or enthusiast, doesn't matter, one who takes pictures, and has a passion for photography rather than technology. "professional reviewers" are becoming dangerous. i can read the spec sheet myself, thank you. i want to hear from the likes of falconeye, marc langile and so on, i won't even waste my time reading this "payed by the word" kind of sloppy job. they don't know, and they don't care, why should they?

i'd say, just move on. all i want to know about the k-7, and more, i can read for now on falk's blog/thread, i'll be happy to get alternate opinions when other real photographers get their hands on the production k-7 and can spare the time to write some honest opinions.

ps: thank you falk, hope the weight on your shoulders is not too heavy
06-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
haven't even read the review. as i've said before, i am sick of these kind of reviews, if i want to read a review for a camera or lens, these days i make sure i am reading one from a real photographer, pro or enthusiast, doesn't matter, one who takes pictures, and has a passion for photography rather than technology. "professional reviewers" are becoming dangerous. i can read the spec sheet myself, thank you. i want to hear from the likes of falconeye, marc langile and so on, i won't even waste my time reading this "payed by the word" kind of sloppy job. they don't know, and they don't care, why should they?

i'd say, just move on. all i want to know about the k-7, and more, i can read for now on falk's blog/thread, i'll be happy to get alternate opinions when other real photographers get their hands on the production k-7 and can spare the time to write some honest opinions.

ps: thank you falk, hope the weight on your shoulders is not too heavy
Crap!

I just bought the K20D so I guess I have to wait for the K-8.

Ray
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #41
Veteran Member

well, i had to try and read it, didn't i? what a waste of time :/. haven't read it all (at this time in the morning, i really don't need a bed time storry to put me to sleep..), but what i did read pointed out two main conclusions:

1. it sounds neutral. not positive, not negative, neutral, i dare say, and trying damn hard at being it.
2. this is not a review, this is literature. this reminds me of those "stevesdigicams" "reviews" (pasted official spec sheets), only this one is longer, more inaccurate and even less useful. it feels it could have been written without ever touching the camera, as if the writer just put a lot of words around some key features, to generate content, but without actually saying much that i couldn't figure out myself from reading the specs. just when you think it's getting to the point, there's a short and mostly meaningless conclusion (it underexposes, the k20d had the same issue; you don't say? i must be blind, than, we must all be), and off we go to the next "point" (slowly though), instead of seeing arguments and genuine insightful opinions which only somebody having used the camera can write. that's what we are reading the review for, not speculations based on the number of focus points, and how that "sounds" compared to more focusing points, "on paper".

i don't mean to be harsh, maybe i'm just too tired and missed the interesting insightful stuff, but at this point, i just want my 1/2h back
06-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So have any of you sent them a email telling them your concerns? I think there jumping the gun reviewing a camera before it's released, I'm surprised Pentax hasn't asked them to remove the review since they have no clue how the camera will perform with it's final software.
Sounds like Nikon mailed in the review.
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #43
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote
That's what we are reading the review for, not speculations based on the number of focus points, and how that "sounds" compared to more focusing points, "on paper".
Very true! In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

I'm afraid this is part of a large trend of extremely lazy journalism that I am noticing more and more of. Writers who just go through the feature list and fulfil the required number of words. Editors who just don't care.

All I know for sure, is that we aren't the target audience for this type of review. This is geared more for the tyro who is only looking for confirmation that he should just go ahead and buy that 500D/ 50D/ 5D he's been lusting after, not that off-brand also-ran Pentax that's trying to rock the boat. (Although to be fair, the only DLSR brand they really seem to give consistent love to is ... Sony.)
06-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sezme Quote
Very true! In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

I'm afraid this is part of a large trend of extremely lazy journalism that I am noticing more and more of. Writers who just go through the feature list and fulfil the required number of words. Editors who just don't care.

All I know for sure, is that we aren't the target audience for this type of review. This is geared more for the tyro who is only looking for confirmation that he should just go ahead and buy that 500D/ 50D/ 5D he's been lusting after, not that off-brand also-ran Pentax that's trying to rock the boat. (Although to be fair, the only DLSR brand they really seem to give consistent love to is ... Sony.)
as their slogan implies , "It's a SONY". now how could you bash a camera with that kind of a slogan?
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #45
Forum Member

Not everyone is a great photographer, so if he has issues with underexposers then maybe i will too