Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #16
Pentaxian

All my Pentax gear is from Pentax Canada and has a 2 year warranty from PC. I live in Canada.If I buy from the states almost with any product...no warranty...my understanding.

07-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
All my Pentax gear is from Pentax Canada and has a 2 year warranty from PC. I live in Canada.If I buy from the states almost with any product...no warranty...my understanding.
Not quite, I bought the FA50 from B&H and the FA31mm from fellow member who provide me with the invoice. I sent in the copy of invoice to Pentax USA, they sent me back the international warranty for 1 year (from date of purchase), which will be (has been) honored by Pentax Canada.
07-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #18

i just received my camera back from pentax USA. they fixed it no questions asked. I did have to call prodigital2000 to get a copy of the invoice but they were very helpful. now it makes me wonder if i should buy a k-7 from canada....
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Warranty

From my lens warranty purchased from Pentax:

"This PENTAX product is warranted for a period of one year from the date of purchase against any defects in material and/or workmanship by PENTAX and its authorized distributors and service centres worldwide."

This PENTAX product is warranted for an additional one year (total two years) from date of purchase against any defects in material and/or workmanship by PENTAX Canada Inc., as long as ownership of this product does not change from the original purchaser.

So, I think you are probably safe to purchase your lens and ship it to the US for your ONE year warranty.

I found interesting also:
"This warranty is considered void if product shows evidence of impact, sand or liquid damage..." I wonder if this line is found on the warranty card for "WR" lens -- What if rain penetrated the seal?

07-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think by liquid damage, they mean evidence that the lens had been submerged. Hopefully you don't take your lens snorkeling.
07-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I actually think you can't unless you have a Canadian friend, since the gear has to be sent back to Canada? CMIIW. Either way I think in the fine print somewhere it should say that it comes with 1 year international warranty...
Actually, you can send to Pentax Canada for repair due to NAFTA. Since neither Canada nor the U.S. are major manufacturers of 35mm camera gear its allowed under NAFTA.
07-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
Forum Member

This conversation may become moot to Americans shortly if the Canadian $ keeps going up like it is... .9266 to US exchange right now.