Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I personally think the review was good. He mentions its a pre-production model and maybe his was loud and mechanical. Many posts have been made about the inconsistanceies between the ones given out. Some have fast burst rate, some don't, some seem to handle noise better. Would we also come to the conclusion that all K7's will have a streek down the middle because one of the beta camera has a sensor thats not even going to be used in the final version.

I think people should wait to reading beta reviews and just wait the couple weeks for the off the shelf evalutions. Then they will have a proper one to test, and we'll have a proper one to compare it to the review and say how accurate it was.

06-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great catch, Scartist. That makes me question the validity of everything else the reviewer says.

CN
06-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #18

The shutter release on the K-7 that we have isn't as loud as the K20D, but it's definitely mechanical in nature. Hopefully the final, final version that we'll get in early July will be quieter (and display less noise at high ISOs).

Then Pentax really will be onto a winner...
06-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

What DSLR has a shutter sound that is NOT mechanical in nature? All the reports I have read on the K-7 have been very impressed with how quiet the K-7's shutter is.

If the shutter bothers you, don't get and SLR.

06-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scartist Quote
"The shutter release action on the Pentax K-7 is quite loud and mechanical, something that you will either love or hate. I liked it, although it isn't great for close-up candid photography as your subject will probably hear you if you get too close."

That sentence caught my eye, not only because it's not true (as we've seen videos of K-7's shutter sound), but I was sure that I've already seen that exact same sentence in another Pentax camera's review.
And yes, it is here: Pentax K-m Review - PhotographyBLOG
(Ease of use: second paragraph)

Are they just putting together reviews from the same sentences over and over??:ugh:
Not surprising. If you are a professional writer, there is a tendency to use the same or similar phrasing over and over. I'm sure you can go over any review site for any product, be it camera, auto, audio etc, and you will find identical or similar word choices used over and over. And if you think review sites are bad check out any fictional author who has written more than 5 books. It's even worse there.

NaCl(not a big deal, pretty common as a matter of fact)H2O
06-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
Thought the review was decent, but in the intro he says the camera competes against the D300 and 50D, but yet when I pressed the "Main Rivals" tab, it shows it compared to the T1i , D5000, and E-620!!!

NO comment fot this.
It's sad to note that today the size decreed the class of a dslr.
06-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scartist Quote
"The shutter release action on the Pentax K-7 is quite loud and mechanical, something that you will either love or hate.
[...]
And yes, it is here: Pentax K-m Review
Not only K-m, but also, in exactly the same words, for:
  • K-m
  • D60
  • D40
  • D50
  • D40x
  • D70s
  • K10D
  • K-7
  • K200D
  • K20D
  • GX-20
and not only photographyblog.com but other stes as well, most notably engadget.com.

So, it is just a classical copy-n'-paste error.

06-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Not only K-m, but also, in exactly the same words, for:
  • K-m
  • D60
  • D40
  • D50
  • D40x
  • D70s
  • K10D
  • K-7
  • K200D
  • K20D
  • GX-20
and not only photographyblog.com but other stes as well, most notably engadget.com.

So, it is just a classical copy-n'-paste error.
Quite right its a load of regurgutated BS like most magazine reviews.

Niether critical nor lauding but factually incompetent.

I'm grateful we had you and some others to review this camera dispationately.