Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
Forum Member

here's the response I got after inquiring Henrys about shipping the K7 to the US knowing, as they state on their website, that they're expecting shipment from supplier early July:

"I don’t think that camera will be released by then. Not likely until August.

Mark Dorlandt
Commercial Sales, E-Commerce
Henry's Photo-Video-Digital"

I was asking if it was possible to receive it no later than July 13th...

06-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Here's the story on delivery date from London Drugs regarding the Pentax K7 body:

"Pentax K-7 DSLR Body Only

This item is on order from our supplier and we expect to receive inventory on approximately July 1st. By pre-ordering and pre-paying today your ...[more]
CAD $1,599.98 "

I'm in Western Canada and I think London Drugs is a Western Canadian firm...nothing east of Manitoba.

BTW, good place to shop for DSLR camera equipment.. ...Some good sale prices and they always seem to have a good supply of Pentax stuff on hand.
06-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Here's the story on delivery date from London Drugs regarding the Pentax K7 body:

This item is on order from our supplier and we expect to receive inventory on approximately July 1st. By pre-ordering and pre-paying today your ...[more]
CAD $1,599.98 "

I'm in Western Canada and I think London Drugs is a Western Canadian firm...nothing east of Manitoba.

BTW, good place to shop for DSLR camera equipment.. ...Some good sale prices and they always seem to have a good supply of Pentax stuff on hand.
oh boy if only there wasn't that "at present London Drugs only ship within Canada" thing during checkout...

wtf is going on with Henrys sale's reply anyway?!

is the dude blackballing me cause im in the US or what?!
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

CAD $1,599.98 "
Why not order it from Pentax Canada for 1299? London Drugs is overcharging you by 300 bucks, no?

http://www.pentaxwebstore.com/detail/PTX+17811

Last edited by snofox; 06-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.
06-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
Forum Member

pentax.ca has no ordering service.
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think the web store will ship to canada and if it did there would be shipping, exchange and duty.
06-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Arggghh! My bad. I always thought that Pentaximaging was Canadian. Just another example of our Canuckian arrogant imperialism I guess.

My apologies.

06-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I buy most of my stuff from London Drugs ...best camera store in town since the independent retailers went the way of the dodo bird.

However, I pre-ordered mine from Henry's (who I use a lot for the stuff LD does not carry) because when the DA* lenses were first introduced, I had ordered both the 16-50 and 50-135 from London Drugs and they were a bit slow ...Henry's had them in stock when London Drugs were still saying "soon" ...so I canceled at LD and had the lenses in two days from Henry's. Hope I get the K-7 soon.... I placed my order @ 8am on May/20.
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
I buy most of my stuff from London Drugs ...best camera store in town since the independent retailers went the way of the dodo bird.

However, I pre-ordered mine from Henry's (who I use a lot for the stuff LD does not carry) because when the DA* lenses were first introduced, I had ordered both the 16-50 and 50-135 from London Drugs and they were a bit slow ...Henry's had them in stock when London Drugs were still saying "soon" ...so I canceled at LD and had the lenses in two days from Henry's. Hope I get the K-7 soon.... I placed my order @ 8am on May/20.
I checked at a Henry's today...K7 is not here yet (June 30/09) and will be $ 1599 CAD.
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I checked at a Henry's today...K7 is not here yet (June 30/09) and will be $ 1599 CAD.
I got mine at $1499 CAD ...the price went up right away, but I have my conformation at the original price.
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I got mine at $1499 CAD ...the price went up right away, but I have my conformation at the original price.
When you get your K7 I hope you do a mini review of what you think of it. I'd be interested. I have a K10D and a KM- digital (I add digital to avoid confusion with the '70's KM)...

I got my KM from Henry's in April, 2009 and bought the Henry's 2 year warranty, which cuts in after the Pentax Canada warranty ...4 years of warranty. Do you plan to get an extended warranty on your K7 ?
06-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
Veteran Member

The Camera Store still has the k-7 listed at 1498 or something along those lines. And being an Ontario resident, not paying PST and ordering through there saved me an additional 100 over buying at the local Henrys.

I think my only problem is that I ordered a little beyond mid-june, so I have no illusions of being one of the lucky ones getting the first shipment.
06-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I lucked out at 1499 at Lens and Shutter and unfortunately they raised the price the following day (I'm fine but I would have liked to have directed a few to a local chain here in BC).

It might take a week or so longer than Henry's but if it is price competitive, I do like to support the local smaller stores. I bought the k10d after hearing the sales rep at London drugs speak about it (it had been just released) to another customer. I grew up with Pentax so I knew they had a long history of great cameras but the buyer wasn't so sure and had been looking at Canon. He ended up buying the k10d after listening to the facts and playing with it.....I had moved to Canon and after hearing about the k10d I bought one too. Nothing against Henry's....but I think it is important to support local companies as they drive the sales to customers that would have gone with Canikon.
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
Veteran Member

July is Pentax month for McBain Camera stores in Alberta. Almost all items are about $20-$30 cheaper this month but should the K-7 become avial its listed as $1499.00 instead of the regular $1599.00 so heres hoping. I thought I'd share this info with anyone in the North Alberta especially Edmonton area.

McBain Camera | Foto Source | Shop Online for Digital Cameras, SLR, and Photography Equipment at Guaranteed Lowest Prices in Canada
07-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #30
Forum Member

Thanks Dr.,

Too bad I'm out of cash (burned the last bit on a DA* 60-250mm, what a beautiful lens!)