Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
There is history to this, see this thread; https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/35209-wendy-b-conundrum.html

Unfortunately she is this "wendyB" character.
I have read past Number 250. Definitely not reading the entire thread though. It just seems so irritating to have such immature responses on this forum.

07-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #47
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
I have read past Number 250. Definitely not reading the entire thread though. It just seems so irritating to have such immature responses on this forum.
Yeah, there can be a gang mentality here but she isn't well and this forum isn't "Care in the Community".
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
Taking drugs can be dangerous...
But dismember this....without life drugs would not be possible.

Otherwise I am gonna pull up a chair and get some p-corn for the show...this thread is freakin' funny.

07-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
I stand corrected, When I saw the $1,599 it appeared that it was US Dollar plus the duplication of the webpage.

Unfortunately the management of CC is closely related to Ritz. Read the WSJ, I am quite surprised that Hoya did not look into this prior to making a business commitment on web sales with them. Mistakes like this are about as "sharp as a bowling ball" if you get my drift.

The best DSLR manufacturer on earth and they make crucial mistakes in marketing like this? Go figure.

Actually it is becoming a mute point because the K7 is days away from being fully released in the US and the market will bear what it will bear.

Within a few weeks the pricing wars between sellers begin. With regards to the impatience comment I hold strong. PT Barnum was absolutely right.

Good Day

Fortunately I do not get into pissing matches on a forum and resent being called a troll. I do not post in any other Pentax related forum besides this one.
Don't you mean "MOOT" point?

moot |moōt|
adjective
subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision : whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point.
• having no practical significance, typically because the subject is too uncertain to allow a decision : it is moot whether this phrase should be treated as metaphor or not.
verb [ trans. ] (usu. be mooted)
raise (a question or topic) for discussion; suggest (an idea or possibility) : Sylvia needed a vacation, and a trip to Ireland had been mooted.
noun
1 Brit. an assembly held for debate, esp. in Anglo-Saxon and medieval times.
• a regular gathering of people having a common interest.
2 Law a mock trial set up to examine a hypothetical case as an academic exercise.
ORIGIN Old English mōt [assembly or meeting] and mōtian [to converse,] of Germanic origin; related to meet 1 . The adjective (originally an attributive noun use: see moot court ) dates from the mid 16th cent.; the current verb sense dates from the mid 17th cent.

07-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #50

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shipped

Mine was shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow from Amazon via KY. My K10 will get some rest.
07-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #51
Veteran Member

"mute" was intentional. I know what "moot" means.
Well you do now.

Mute means STFU.
Guess I spoke too soon.
07-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #52
Forum Member

No. It's called a "moo" point.
YouTube - Moo Point

07-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #53
Veteran Member

"
My best laugh is, My name is Bill and how you could associate me with WendyB just gives me a belly full of giggles.

Funny, because in an earlier thread you said:

What an interesting discovery,

Let me introduce the real deal.

My name is Wendy Bradley.

Out of the blue on a Google search I discovered a post in this forum which is totally fictitious.
So does this mean you're a hermaphrodite, a pre-op tranny, or just a garden variety troll/tool? Inquiring minds...
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #54

That's Galaxy Camera - I bought my K20D kit off them - it arrived 3 days later! (granted I am in Ontario as well, but they do ship quickly)

Another eBay seller up here is prodigital2000 - though they sometimes advertise without stock to back it up... They blame it on in-house sales, but how they can claim to be a brick'n'mortar store is beyond me - you cannot arrange local pickup.
07-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
moot

MOOT!!!

Either get a dictionary or don't use words you don't understand.
You'd think someone with "Inner Sanctum" access to WSJ editions would at least be able to get "moot" correctly. I'm suddenly curious to know how many mentions of the word "moot" have appeared in WSJ editions?
07-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Actually, this psycho calls itself "Gary" earlier in THIS thread!

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Funny, because in an earlier thread you said:

So does this mean you're a hermaphrodite, a pre-op tranny, or just a garden variety troll/tool? Inquiring minds...
07-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #57
Banned

oh boy this is getting good... real good. its about time wendyB showed up again. where is Gooshin?