Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I read a troll's post at DPR. cancelled his pre-order just because he couldn't understand the how noise works and it's relationship to exposure. even compared a D50 as the better dslr in terms of noise control, probably didn't know D50 has NR on default setting and not on K-7 which is turned off. guess he decided not to try out K-7 and handle the ISO control of the K-7. good riddance. the last thing that we want are cry-babies who are too dependent on AUTO Noise-free ISO.

06-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I read a troll's post at DPR. cancelled his pre-order just because he couldn't understand the how noise works and it's relationship to exposure. even compared a D50 as the better dslr in terms of noise control, probably didn't know D50 has NR on default setting and not on K-7 which is turned off. guess he decided not to try out K-7 and handle the ISO control of the K-7. good riddance. the last thing that we want are cry-babies who are too dependent on AUTO Noise-free ISO.
How can you argue with amatures?

"OH.....the images of the D50 look way cleaner at hight ISO!"

And what about the loss detail on the D50, and the fact that you can control NR on the K-7 (or K20 for that fact)?
AMATURES I SAY!
06-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
That is exactly what I came to understand after coming here and really reading about the Pentax bodies and how they deal with noise. I also sense there is too much attention to pixel peeping as well as a lack of understanding of output processing. Just because a shot looks "noisey" on the display does not mean it will print that way. So what if a 100% RAW file (or JPG full size at 100%) has some noise...who uses those shots online?

I also sense a lot of the frustrated sorts are those who never shot film and also come from the "perfect device" illusion...it's why they keep on the constant "upgrade" treadmill.

Sitting back and waiting for the real K-7 reviews which will be hitting the media/web over the next few weeks. Not many other bits of gear released right now so reviews can't use that as an excuse not to get a review out.

The only reason I might cancel my pre-order right now is I am actually quite OK with the K20D as it is...the longer I wait the cheaper the K-& "should" get...then again the way these companies have been RAISING the prices on gear is INSANE. Hence another reason I moved camps...old cheaper glass that is perfects fine for most of my needs.
06-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

while its a bit early to tell, is seems that low ISO noise is better (so hopefully it matches my K10d).
Also there may have reduced pattern noise at high ISO compared to the k20d. Seems like improved noise to me!
I certainly wont have any regrets upgrading from the K10d

06-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Samples look good enough to me. I've already set my mind on the K-7 months ago but I'll wait for the first price drop. I can still shoot with my trusty K10D in the meantime.
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is just something "wrong" with the title . . . "my Pentax just arrived in Japan" just doesn't sound right.
06-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
There is just something "wrong" with the title . . . "my Pentax just arrived in Japan" just doesn't sound right.
It sounds good to me!

Like someone in Florida would get the first crack?

Ray
06-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
It sounds good to me!

Like someone in Florida would get the first crack?

Ray
Considering Pentax is a Japanese company and the headquarters is still there, it sounds a bit odd for a title to say "K-7 or any Pentax has just arrived in Japan." It is taking some getting used to the manufacturing operations being in the Philippines and Vietnam rather than Japan.

I don't get the Florida crack Ray Bob.

Edit: So to simplify this for you, I was referring to the Irony of K-7s having to be shipped to Japan.

06-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #39
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
How can you argue with amatures?

"OH.....the images of the D50 look way cleaner at hight ISO!"

And what about the loss detail on the D50, and the fact that you can control NR on the K-7 (or K20 for that fact)?
AMATURES I SAY!
Unfortunately a lot of users are like this, they only know what they are educated rather than what they need. Most manufactures apply more NR as default than Pentax which cause many people think Pentax is not good at high iso performence.
06-28-2009, 05:30 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I went into Yodobashi Camera today in Kichijoji, Tokyo.
All the K-7 were out of stock.

Don't know how many they had to start with, but Yodobashi Camera is a big player in the camera market.
Kichijoji is a large and popular shopping area in tokyo.

Good signs for Pentax.
06-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #41
Forum Member

Next week K-7 will arrives in Italy.
I just ordered it
Delivery expected: next saturday.
06-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #42
Forum Member

Does anyone know when K7 is in sweden/finland? I have preordered it about 3 weeks ago! I sold my K20D and its so difficult becouse i canīt shoot anything..
I hope it will come very soon!
06-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I have heard the 10th of july in sweden. No idea if its true.

I have to have a camera on the 11th of july so I cant sell my K20 before i got my K-7. Damn my brother for getting married :P
06-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Considering Pentax is a Japanese company and the headquarters is still there, it sounds a bit odd for a title to say "K-7 or any Pentax has just arrived in Japan." It is taking some getting used to the manufacturing operations being in the Philippines and Vietnam rather than Japan.

I don't get the Florida crack Ray Bob.

Edit: So to simplify this for you, I was referring to the Irony of K-7s having to be shipped to Japan.
Well i guess there's no direct flight i think from Cebu, Philippines to Japan and goods have to be shipped to Manila then Japan or Cebu to Hongkong, Hongkong Japan. Best bet is Cebu to Manila (Freighter flights in Manila) then Japan. One Antonov full of Pentax K-7 can Supply Asia for the time being.
06-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #45

Original Poster
Lucky Japanese Pentax K-7 users

Flickr: rei_neyuki's Photostream