Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yes, everyone pls try to get DXO Optics to include the K7!

Then they will be able to give the K7 a DXOMARK score, and I can then update my graph (below) on DSLR high-ISO performance. I am very keen to see if there have been any improvements over the K20D:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/63597-k7-high-iso-...mpetitive.html
Do you mean that you are only interested in the DxO Mark score, but not in the Optics Pro software? If you have not already done so, I suggest that you give it a try. But first, write to DxO expressing interest i the K-7 along with the X Y and Z lenses, which you hope will be supported.

Rob

07-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
Thanks, Bart.

Rob

You're welcome.
I've been a happy DxO user since my first days with the K10D.
And I don't care how DxO chooses to protect their software. Doesn't bother me one bit.
09-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From DxO's FAQ:

Is there data communicated through the Internet?
The program is using a challenge/response code to perform the initial activation. The challenge code is generated on the user's machine and the DxO activation server provides the response code. The program needs a onetime Internet connection to exchange this information. Note that if you do not have an Internet connection, you can use the manual activation, in which case you will be asked to transfer the challenge and responses codes using a transfer media.
Note that no personal data is sent during the authorization process.
The only personal data that DxO owns is the data manually entered by the customer during the account creation.

This tells me if DxO goes out of buisness, then I will no longer be able to reinstall DxO for perectly legitimate reasons. Such as, HD failure, computer upgrade, etc.
09-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by apisto Quote
This tells me if DxO goes out of buisness, then I will no longer be able to reinstall DxO for perectly legitimate reasons. Such as, HD failure, computer upgrade, etc.
Typically, if something like this happens, a universal install key gets published (I've seen this happening several times).

If nobody would illegally copy software, we wouldn't need such measures. Unfortunately, hardware-independent install keys can easily be fetched from pirate key servers. I rather accept a hardware-dependent key and support for Pentax than bad software or missing Pentax support. The DxO lens correction filters are worth the hassle.

09-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Typically, if something like this happens, a universal install key gets published (I've seen this happening several times).

If nobody would illegally copy software, we wouldn't need such measures. Unfortunately, hardware-independent install keys can easily be fetched from pirate key servers. I rather accept a hardware-dependent key and support for Pentax than bad software or missing Pentax support. The DxO lens correction filters are worth the hassle.
You make a good point about the universal key. It seems reasonable that would happen.