Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Why won't the GX30 get rebadged as the K30, since Pentax has said from the beginning that the K-7 was not meant to be its replacement.
It's not impossible, I'd think, ...though I still don't believe these specs, cause it seems they don't fit the dimensions. (Or even exactly paint a picture of internal consistency, really)

06-29-2009, 08:02 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Why won't the GX30 get rebadged as the K30, since Pentax has said from the beginning that the K-7 was not meant to be its replacement.
Because it will be replacement of k20.....
06-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #78
Inactive Account

Considering Samsung makes artillery and freaking autonomous robots that are armed with machine guns, I'd give 'em a little more credit when it comes to manufacturing stuff.
06-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Wasn't there a "scrap and re-build" from Hoya's point of view that led to K-7? My guess is that Hoya saw a need for a more fundamental change than Samsung.

I expect if there will be a GX30, I think that it will be similar to K-7 in spec but a slightly redesigned GX20 body. Same prism as K-7 or the old in K20. Same shutter and buffer spec as K-7. Definately not a rebuild AF system compared to K-7.

06-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #80
Veteran Member

unlike w/ K-7 we just have to wait for a little bit more than a week to find out... July 7 should the date of the official announcement, right ?
06-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well if it is more than $1200 by Christmas I'm not getting one!
And a lot of you guys have been commenting on the Samsung name. What is wrong with having Samsung across the body? Well I guess I don't really like it as much as having Pentax on it, but I don't think it is a deal breaker considering the "specs" on this thing, but this is most likely a fraud. I mean the even PP a GX-20 picture. Lets not get excited til we see a picture of it.
06-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #82
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Nice rumor but it's hard not to call BS on this one... we'll now for sure in a week from what I gather but it would indeed be a hard blow to Pentax if it was true and it doesn't really make sense to compete with your partner the hard way.

A Samsung FF would make more sense as it would not be a direct competitor to Pentax lineup and could lift Samsung's shaky reputation in the DSLR business (or not if it's a flop!)...
I agree I think it's fiction. Makes no sense.

06-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Why would you want a GPS and Wi-Fi on your camera? I guess it's great if it's there so I'm not knocking it, I'm just a bit mystified. Probably showing my age since I don't do the iPod thing either. Those headphones sound terrible.

As for the dual slot, that's a good idea.
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Why would you want a GPS and Wi-Fi on your camera?
GPS - good for an outdoor photography (and if there is a compass - direction info included that is a double plus) - imagine a web gallery where you can link your photo with google maps functionality.

WiFi - wireless tethering (remote operation) and files downloading w/ cables...
06-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Exact duplicate TROLL POST of DPReview.

And I am equally amazed that so many people here fell for it.

This person compiled the exact list of all the things people complained about when the K7 was released and started a stupid rumour on several fora simultaneously.

Yes there will be a GX30 based on the GX20 (already more or less annouced) and it will probably compete more with Sony than with Pentax. It will NOT compete directly with the K7 nor will it have many of the K7s features but it may well have a moveable LCD and movies. It will be a lot more like the K20 replacement that Pentax dropped early on and possibly offered to Samsung.

QuoteOriginally posted by swhang Quote
So I just read today specs for the Samsung GX30. It's comparable to the K7, but it trumps it in the ways below.

Samsung GX30 specifications: built-in GPS, double SD slots, AMOLED display | Photo Rumors

- faster at 6fps
- built in GPS and Wi-Fi
- 3.0 AMOLED tilt and swivel screen
- double SD slots

It's exciting, but now it makes the decision for the K7 all the more difficult! I had a K10, bought a K20 a week ago, but returned it with the intention of getting a K7 after a ton of research.

But now the GX30. Ah! The stress again!
06-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote

This person compiled the exact list of all the things people complained about when the K7 was released and started a stupid rumour on several fora simultaneously.
this is "Pentax News and Rumors" sections, we do not need your stupid lectures here about trolling.
06-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote

Haha. Can't believe I went on google to look into this... Hopefully I should get my K-7 around Christmas then!
06-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #88
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
this is "Pentax News and Rumors" sections, we do not need your stupid lectures here about trolling.
What was the chance of anyone else responding to this than the Troll in Chief, (ex)dejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Radu
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
What was the chance of anyone else responding to this than the Troll in Chief, (ex)dejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Radu
somebody, give me some garlic
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #90
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
somebody, give me some garlic
1) I bet you already have a very bad breath so I wouldn't recommend abusing garlic
2) I am pretty sure it won't make you smarter ... it's beyond science let alone a mere spice.

Radu