Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No extension on rebates

Pentax fooled me. I thought for sure they would extend the rebates but it looks like they ended yesterday. Wonder if they will start another round of different specials.
Regards,

05-01-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Pentax fooled me. I thought for sure they would extend the rebates but it looks like they ended yesterday. Wonder if they will start another round of different specials.
Regards,

I wondered the same thing myself. I have one more lens that I want to buy and hopefully they will have another rebate program going by the time I'm ready to pick it up.
05-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'd rather they offer Ad and Promo discounts to the dealers to just run the product at reduced prices.

I hate rebates. Why should I have to do anything but plunk my card down at some retailers to get a sale price, then have to deal with some 3rd party brokerage house that tells me 12 weeks later that I forgot to cross a t or dot an i so I can't have my rebate, and that's just too bad.

OK, rants over. Boy do I feel better.
05-01-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
I'd rather they offer Ad and Promo discounts to the dealers to just run the product at reduced prices.
They won't make as much profit that way. That's a guaranteed discount whereas a lot of people mess up rebates so they get to keep the extra profit from the messed up rebates

05-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
I wondered the same thing myself. I have one more lens that I want to buy and hopefully they will have another rebate program going by the time I'm ready to pick it up.
Looks like you (and I) are in luck for the rebates. Adorama has a new rebate running from May 1 to June 31, 2007, listed for the same items as the last rebate. But it now includes the K10D, and the BG2 grip. Could this mean a new body coming up?

EDIT: B&H has a "Rebate Available" button, but its not listed yet.

Who knows, I am glad I waited to get the DA 50-200 for myself and a K100D for my fiance. I may just get her a K10D or wait to see if any new cameras come out.

EDIT: Here is the PDF link: http://64.65.42.233/rebates/Pentax_SLR-Lens-Flash_Rebate_Exp7.31.07.pdf

Last edited by WildSioux; 05-01-2007 at 08:01 AM. Reason: link
05-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
They won't make as much profit that way. That's a guaranteed discount whereas a lot of people mess up rebates so they get to keep the extra profit from the messed up rebates
Yes I know that. I've been in retail for 35 years. As a business, you love them because you have zero downside risk. (Unless the clearing house screws up.)

However, as a consumer, I hate the d**n things.
05-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by WildSioux Quote
Looks like you (and I) are in luck for the rebates. Adorama has a new rebate running from May 1 to June 31, 2007, listed for the same items as the last rebate. But it now includes the K10D, and the BG2 grip. Could this mean a new body coming up?

EDIT: B&H has a "Rebate Available" button, but its not listed yet.

Who knows, I am glad I waited to get the DA 50-200 for myself and a K100D for my fiance. I may just get her a K10D or wait to see if any new cameras come out.

EDIT: Here is the PDF link: http://64.65.42.233/rebates/Pentax_SLR-Lens-Flash_Rebate_Exp7.31.07.pdf

B & H shows a rebate available on the K10D but does not have the form posted yet.

Yep, luck would be on our side. Now if have time to accumulate the money for that 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens I want.

Thanks for the link and the info.

EDIT: If I'd read your entire post, I would have seen the info re: B & H.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 05-01-2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: brain lapse
05-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Personally, I'll take it however it is offered. Rebate or sales discount makes me no difference.

05-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs//picturep.dslr.rebate___050107.pdf

from Pentax itself