Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jazzyboy Quote
I don't dink coffee and the reason why I was scared is that I have no intention to jump overboard.
What I meant is that I needed to see better pictures to get a bit reassured. But I don't panic though (or yet...). That's not my kind.
glad to hear that mate. anyway, we just need to wait for frank and others samples of their K-7s. I think they are still in the process of salivating and learning the ropes on how they could maximize the potential of the K-7.

the reassuring thing right now is that we haven't heard any complaints coming from these guys except for strangers that aren't members here and we don't even know of their backgrounds.

just to keep you comfortable, I suggest you take another look at the pre-production photos of the K-7 on this forum. those photos alone already gave me what to expect. and if they were able to solve the supposed ISO issues, then why can't I?

we aren't novices here, are we?

06-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Well, maybe yes, maybe no... but thanks.
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #18
Nubi

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I just wanted to tell you guys that the IQ were just fine. In fact, I think they are fantastic. I know I know, who am I to say? But trust me, the IQ are fine. Pentax engineers are not stupid. They are at a stage where they can willfully manipulate the sensor so that they can get this kind of pictures or that. It is no longer about the sharpness of it. I got the impression that these prints I saw reminded me of pictures taken with 35mm films. More gradation details, more depth in colors and shades, and over all the pictures look clearer. They had a certain characteristics in mind an they went for it, and look like they have executed it. Just wait. We will be just fine.
07-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
Inactive Account

No Sterility

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
They are at a stage where they can willfully manipulate the sensor so that they can get this kind of pictures or that. It is no longer about the sharpness of it. I got the impression that these prints I saw reminded me of pictures taken with 35mm films. More gradation details, more depth in colors and shades, and over all the pictures look clearer. They had a certain characteristics in mind an they went for it, and look like they have executed it. Just wait. We will be just fine.
To me, the K-7 photos I've seen make K*0D pictures look 'sterile'. When I got my now sold K20D vs. my DS, that was my first impression too. Pixel peekers remind me of 'audiophiles' who read specs instead of using their ears. I also agree, that all the photos taken so far have been by geeks, not photographers. I've been studying the manual since it came out and expect it will take me at least a couple of weeks to even begin to know the camera well enough to utilize it properly.

Man, I am getting so sick of coming here searching for any clue as to when I'll be able to pick up my K-7...