Photos: Gallery
NEW Pentax rebates effective TODAY!

http://www.pentaximaging.com/purchase/rebates_offers/

Check it out, ladies and gents!

Rob W

05-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Well that is interesting. My wife was anxious to catch the DA 50-200 in stock at B&H before the April 30 rebate deadline, now there is a new rebate program with the same $50 off the lens for another 90+ days.

This will make 5 months in a row that the lens was "On Sale." Connecticut has a law that limits how long a product can be advertised as "On Sale" without going back to its list price. Otherwise "Sale Price" has no meaning.

I shouldn't complain, she gave me the lens well before my May 11 birthday so I could get the rebate mailed off in time. I've enjoyed using it!
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Well that sucks, now they offer rebates on the K10D body...
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rebates!

Damn US only rebates!!!

05-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That is a sweet $125 rebate on K10d and the grip. That wasn't around when I bought. One day I will REALLY learn that patience pays and that I shouldn't run out and buy newly released equipment.
05-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've been thinking about the 50-200mm lens for a while now. I think I will take advantage of this rebate. Just yesterday I was saying to myself I was a dope for not taking advantage of the earlier rebate. Now I have a second chance to save $50!
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I feel so stupid for buying the Battery Grip last week.....

Maybe I'll send it in anyways and see what happens
05-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendall015 Quote
I feel so stupid for buying the Battery Grip last week.....

Maybe I'll send it in anyways and see what happens
I am thinking the same thing about the K10D body I bought last week.

I don't see ANYWHERE in the offer where it says it has to be bought during the period the rebate is running. It just says the period the rebate offer is good for. On the other hand, it isn't likely you could send in the goods on an item you bought a year ago and expect a rebate...

Perhaps I had too many law courses during my criminology degree, but I still don't see anything excluding cameras bought a few days before the offer. If somebody wanted to get really sticky and push the issue...

On the other hand, am I going to feel bad because I didn't wait a week to buy my new camera so I could see if a new rebate offer came out in a few days, a few weeks, a few months? No - I am going to go out and enjoy the heck out of my new camera.

Doing the "what if" trip will kill you....

05-02-2007, 04:24 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Rick Quote
I am thinking the same thing about the K10D body I bought last week.

I don't see ANYWHERE in the offer where it says it has to be bought during the period the rebate is running. It just says the period the rebate offer is good for. On the other hand, it isn't likely you could send in the goods on an item you bought a year ago and expect a rebate...

Perhaps I had too many law courses during my criminology degree, but I still don't see anything excluding cameras bought a few days before the offer. If somebody wanted to get really sticky and push the issue...

"12) Request for rebate must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase."
05-02-2007, 04:25 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
... This will make 5 months in a row that the lens was "On Sale." Connecticut has a law that limits how long a product can be advertised as "On Sale" without going back to its list price. Otherwise "Sale Price" has no meaning. ...
"4) Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law."
05-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisN Quote
So if I purchased it on April 27, and sent in the request for a rebate on May 5, I am requesting a rebate within the May 1 - July 31 window, so maybe they'll accept the rebate?

Lets hope
05-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisN Quote
Exactly... nothing about any requirement that the purchase be within the rebate period.

What the hell, I'll give 'er a shot - God hates a coward...
05-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
That is a sweet $125 rebate on K10d and the grip. That wasn't around when I bought. One day I will REALLY learn that patience pays and that I shouldn't run out and buy newly released equipment.
Yeah, but.... I wouldn't have 8000+ snaps on my k10d by now if I had waited, plus some priceless shots of my daughter. Besides, isn't the k1d (or whatever the next latest greatest camera is called) just around the corner? Who, me? sucker?

John
05-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendall015 Quote
So if I purchased it on April 27, and sent in the request for a rebate on May 5, I am requesting a rebate within the May 1 - July 31 window, so maybe they'll accept the rebate?

Lets hope

Problem solved...sorta. My grip arrived, and it was missing the tray/door that holds the remote and the extra SD card. I don't know if was Cameta's fault or Pentax's fault, but it was definitely MIA...so I guess it worked out in terms of the rebate. Now I just have to wait for a new one for another week