Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Banned

engadget : Pentax K-7 review roundup

QuoteQuote:
We've been nothing if not comprehensive in our coverage of this new Pentax shooter, and early reviews are showing why. Photography Blog praised the K-7 for its weatherproofing and for having "one of the best LCD screens" they've ever seen on a DSLR, while ePHOTOzine were impressed by the image quality and Wired found the package of features and specs exceedingly robust given the $1,300 asking price. Some shortcomings were found, such as the slightly unintuitive interface and noise levels at higher ISO settings, but impressions were overwhelmingly positive. If you've been looking for a solid alternative to Canon's 50D or Nikon's D300, check out all the thoroughly detailed analysis in the read links below.

Read - Photography Blog
Read - Wired
Read - ePHOTOzine
Pentax K-7 review roundup

07-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for posting this, but I have to say it makes me laugh a bit. Although I haven't followed the K-7 saga assiduously, I've paid sufficient attention to read so many varied judgements of the camera, I'm reminded of the great old Army expression: "nothing is as bad . . . . or as good . . . . . as it first seems."

I wish Pentax well with the new camera; if the steak is as good as the sizzle, I'll even buy one.

Jer
07-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I question three reviews of a pre-production camera being a 'round-up'. Whores for page views or what.
07-02-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
I question three reviews of a pre-production camera being a 'round-up'. Whores for page views or what.
I doubt Engadget needs the extra page views. They're well-established enough on their own. Being a long-time Engadget reader, most people there are actually Canon and Nikon users, so any extra media space allotted to Pentax (zero cost, at that) is a big help. Not everyone is into the whole forum thing, sad to say.

07-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I haven't read these in depth, but I noticed 'slightly unintuitive interface'??

Maybe so, if your a Canikon shooter.....