Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
CameraLabs review of K10D

If anyone is interested CameraLabs did a full review of K10D. They did not rate it as high as the Nikon D80, so if your blood pressure can't handle that, maybe you shouldn't read it. http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PentaxK10D/index.shtml
All in all a fair review that doesn't really break new ground. I do not mean to begin another round of "test anxiety." I thought it might be useful to someone considering upgrading to the K10D. I apologize if this has been previously posted.

05-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Forum Member

I read his summary. He is stuck in the "punchy colors" JPEG world. His justifications of <<insert every other camera here>> being better than the K10D comes down to his personal preference on the JPEG colors. An amusing read.
05-02-2007, 02:51 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
blood....boiling.....

Why doesn't he go buy a digital bridge super zoom, sounds like that's all he need.

Another misguided review.
05-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I didn't think the review was bad at all. He brought up the same types of things that people here on the forum have brought up, so it seems like a pretty accurate review. He also said that his preference of the Nikon jpg over the K10D jpg was subjective on his part. This review would not keep me from getting a K10D, but it does give me a heads up on things I need to watch out for, like tweaking the default settings (which has been pointed out numerous times on this forum), and not expecting miracles from the SR or dust removal system. All in all I think they did a good job in pointing out the good and the bad.

05-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
I didn't think the review was bad at all. He brought up the same types of things that people here on the forum have brought up, so it seems like a pretty accurate review.
I disagree. A pretty shallow review to me.