Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Free 2 year extended warranty

If you buy a k20 before 7-31-2009 (anywhere) pentax will provide an additional two years of warranty. Thats three years total!!!

Thanks and have a great day

07-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
I didn't know they extended the free warranty to July 29. I stopped paying attention to it after I purchased and got the extended warranty.

The cost is up to $13.99 on Amazon so it seems to float a bit. I was also under the impression the warranty had to bought at the same time as the camera. Did your buying the warranty after the fact really entitle you to the warranty, as in Pentax will honor it?

I also thought the free warranty entitlement was also tied to where you bought the body from, i.e an Authorized Pentax reseller?

Thank you
Russell
I didn't even know there was a free extended warranty until I found this board. And there is a thread here somewhere that quotes the Pentax site. However I can find no mention of the offer anywhere on the Pentax site though I did not look too hard once I found the $3.99 deal from Willoughby's. And yeah, I see it is now $13.99...still not a bad deal if one cannot catch them in stock at Walmart. Amazon seems either out of them or just removed them in order to push the K7 sales for the next week or two.

I have the sense the K20D stock is going to drop pretty quickly with these deals. I sure would rather buy a new body for $50 more than used...

BTW, the warranty registered just fine...no reason to believe it would not be honored as they are sold sans camera purchase pretty much everywhere that sells gear online. You just must register within 30-days of camera purchase. That last bit makes sense otherwise people would wait until month 11 to decide about the warranty.
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Walmart.com: Your Choice Pentax Digital SLR Plus Pentax AF540FGZ Flash Value Bundle: Digital Cameras

They have the k7 patched with the 540 flash for about 1500 dollars....Also bundles to check out.

Looks like a good deal.
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's a great price but I already have two...

08-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
Walmart.com: Your Choice Pentax Digital SLR Plus Pentax AF540FGZ Flash Value Bundle: Digital Cameras

They have the k7 patched with the 540 flash for about 1500 dollars....Also bundles to check out.

Looks like a good deal.
Then again, not so much when you add in the fact that pretty much everyone in the US who orders from Walmart online will be charged sales tax, which in many cities can run nearly 10%. Thus that "deal" becomes less so at $1650 for many folks. Plus I would rather buy from B&H, Adorama or Amazon than Walmart.
08-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #21

even though it is 599, it is not cheap so. after tax, it will be 649. You can buy from Amazon for 629. Same extended Warranty.
08-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Happy:

I recently, a bit over a month ago, bought a K20D from Amazon, directly, and there was no extended warranty card in the box. My emails to Pentax went unanswered nor did one arrive in the mail as a result of the email to Pentax. I never emailed Amazon as I found Willoughby's had them at the time for $3.99 (price changed to $13.99 about an hour after my order so it might have been a mistake...dunno)

Someone earlier in this thread, at least I think it was this thread??? Mentioned it might be not all retailers sold bodies that came with the free extension. Makes some sense as often that is a way to try and drive business away from big box sellers and into smaller sellers/stores. Dunno if that makes sense today though.

Not specifically asking you but in general, I also am not sure if anyone looked into it in this thread but one wonders if the warranty through Walmart is the same as the Pentax warranty?

Anyway, I also seem to remember the Pentax free extended warranty promo ended on 07/31/2009...

08-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #23
Inactive Account

sold for the same price as the k-7 when the k20d first came out.
very tempting indeed.
08-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

The 3 year warranty does not extend to canada, does it?