Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 215
B&H Taking Pre-Orders for the K-7

I got an email from B&H this morning. They are taking pre-orders now, I placed mine this morning, but they still don't even list the D-BG4.
Here's hoping that slow boat from japan get here soon!


Last edited by jbcampbell; 07-02-2009 at 07:02 AM.
07-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 489
Was looking earlier, that's around 800 pounds, pretty cheap.
07-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 908
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
Was looking earlier, that's around 800 pounds, pretty cheap.
even cheaper than in holland orderd mine for € 1050,00
07-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,160
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
even cheaper than in holland orderd mine for € 1050,00
Huh... 1300 Euros body only in Belgium.

07-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
fillerupmac's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 120
Yes, but they are charging your credit card now!
07-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North East PA
Posts: 12
I just ordered one through B&H, they didn't charge my credit card. Not until they actually ship it.
07-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
I ordered mine this morning, and the charge showed up on my accout within an hour.

I was surprised, I assumed they would not charge until shipment on a backordered product, so I called and they said that they do charge at the time of ordering.

I ordered mine at about 8:15 am this morning, so hopefully i'm in line for the first shipment.

I've heard elsewhere, however, that B&H has been taking preorders by phone before today, but I'm not sure if this is true.

I would think that B&H's reputation would afford them a large initial shipment, so I'm hoping to have mine by next weekend (fingers crossed!!) I couldn't help but click "1-Day Air" shipping (my rationale is that I would have paid this much in sales tax to get it locally)....
07-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
New Member




Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 19
... You are ordering the K-7... But the Samsung GX-30 coming out soon and it's just a re-branded Pentax K-7 with the addition of

-3”Intelligent AMOLED 780K** dots swing and tilt display
-Built-in GPS
-Double SD/SDHC slots

I'd figure it'd be worth alone the wait for the 800×600 AMOLED screen assuming the price isn't ridiculous.

-----
Samsung GX30 full specifications sheet (not confirmed yet):

-Magnesium alloy body
-Environmentally sealed (dust and weather resistant)
-CMOS sensor 14.6 effective pixels (15 total pixels)
-ISO 100-6400
-RGB primary color filter
-4 channel data read-out
-Built-in OIS system (Hyper OIS system*)
-Dual Dust Removal system
-DRIM Engine II image processor
-JPEG / DNG / JPEG + DNG image format
-Pentax KAF2 bayonet mount
-11 AF sensors (10 simple-cross AF sensors and center double-cross AF sensor)
-Built-in AF illuminator LED
-AF-S, AF-A and AF-S focus mode
-77 metering zones
-Pentaprism OVF 100% coverage and 0.95X magnification
-Ultra Clear Screen Focus
-High continue shooting 6fps (50 high quality JPEG and 16 DNG)
-Low continue shooting 4fps (JPEG full card and 24 DNG)
-Pop-up flash
-Flash Sync 1/250 (1/200 OIS on)
-3”Intelligent AMOLED 780K** dots swing and tilt display
-Automatic brightness adjustment
-Live View system
-Live View with contrast AF, face detection and tracking AF
-Video HD 720p/30fps (contrast AF available)
-Exposure, ISO and aperture control on video
-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, HDMI and Video out connectivity
-Built-in GPS
-Double SD/SDHC slots
-Lithium Ion battery SLB-2000***
-Dimensions: 138×100x72mm
-Weight 728gr (no battery)

*Computational based power
**800×600 resolution
***GX10 and GX20 compatible

photorumors.com/2009/06/28/samsung-gx30-specifications-built-in-gps-double-sd-slots-amoled-display/

07-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
Too bad B&H did not take pre-orders for the $1,199.95 price on the morning of May 20th.
07-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
So far that's only a rumor.

QuoteOriginally posted by kiamon Quote
... You are ordering the K-7... But the Samsung GX-30 coming out soon and it's just a re-branded Pentax K-7 with the addition of

-3”Intelligent AMOLED 780K** dots swing and tilt display
-Built-in GPS
-Double SD/SDHC slots

I'd figure it'd be worth alone the wait for the 800×600 AMOLED screen assuming the price isn't ridiculous.

-----
Samsung GX30 full specifications sheet (not confirmed yet):

-Magnesium alloy body
-Environmentally sealed (dust and weather resistant)
-CMOS sensor 14.6 effective pixels (15 total pixels)
-ISO 100-6400
-RGB primary color filter
-4 channel data read-out
-Built-in OIS system (Hyper OIS system*)
-Dual Dust Removal system
-DRIM Engine II image processor
-JPEG / DNG / JPEG + DNG image format
-Pentax KAF2 bayonet mount
-11 AF sensors (10 simple-cross AF sensors and center double-cross AF sensor)
-Built-in AF illuminator LED
-AF-S, AF-A and AF-S focus mode
-77 metering zones
-Pentaprism OVF 100% coverage and 0.95X magnification
-Ultra Clear Screen Focus
-High continue shooting 6fps (50 high quality JPEG and 16 DNG)
-Low continue shooting 4fps (JPEG full card and 24 DNG)
-Pop-up flash
-Flash Sync 1/250 (1/200 OIS on)
-3”Intelligent AMOLED 780K** dots swing and tilt display
-Automatic brightness adjustment
-Live View system
-Live View with contrast AF, face detection and tracking AF
-Video HD 720p/30fps (contrast AF available)
-Exposure, ISO and aperture control on video
-USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, HDMI and Video out connectivity
-Built-in GPS
-Double SD/SDHC slots
-Lithium Ion battery SLB-2000***
-Dimensions: 138×100x72mm
-Weight 728gr (no battery)

*Computational based power
**800×600 resolution
***GX10 and GX20 compatible

photorumors.com/2009/06/28/samsung-gx30-specifications-built-in-gps-double-sd-slots-amoled-display/
07-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by jbcampbell Quote
I got an email from B&H this morning. They are taking pre-orders now, I placed mine this morning, but they still don't even list the D-BG4.
Here's hoping that slow boat from japan get here soon!

I was going to order mine this morning, but got distracted. So I'm further down the list, having ordered just now.

QuoteOriginally posted by kiamon Quote
... You are ordering the K-7... But the Samsung GX-30 coming out soon and it's just a re-branded Pentax K-7 with the addition of
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
So far that's only a rumor.

And, like many "K30D" rumors and the f/1.0 lens silliness, it seems to be constructed of speculation, wishful thinking, fairy dust, and ground unicorn horn.

The most interesting aspect of the rumor, though, is actually that it's not a rebranded K-7, but a continuation of the K20D/GX20 form-factor and design. Interesting. (But probably untrue!)

The conspiratorial view is that this rumor and its timing is malicious, and designed to put a dent in early K-7 sales.
07-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hunterr Quote
I ordered mine this morning, and the charge showed up on my accout within an hour.

I was surprised, I assumed they would not charge until shipment on a backordered product, so I called and they said that they do charge at the time of ordering.

I ordered mine at about 8:15 am this morning, so hopefully i'm in line for the first shipment.

I've heard elsewhere, however, that B&H has been taking preorders by phone before today, but I'm not sure if this is true.

I would think that B&H's reputation would afford them a large initial shipment, so I'm hoping to have mine by next weekend (fingers crossed!!) I couldn't help but click "1-Day Air" shipping (my rationale is that I would have paid this much in sales tax to get it locally)....
Same here, they charged my card right away, but they clearly state on the product page that they charge you at the time you place the order.

"Important Notice!
This item is currently not in stock. We are accepting orders and it will be shipped when in stock. Orders will be filled in the order they are received. Your card will be charged upon placing the order."
07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
So far that's only a rumor.
Exactly right...You guys keep waiting for the GX-30 while I am out shooting with my K-7. If you are afraid to buy because you have to have the latest, greatest rumored camera then you will never buy one. There is always something new coming down the pipe.
07-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
Exactly! I saw the 5-20-09 launch price for $1,199.95 at B&H too.

I think K-7 will shed the $100 premium quickly as its been pointed out its an even $1200 equivilent in a couple other countries to start with.


QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Too bad B&H did not take pre-orders for the $1,199.95 price on the morning of May 20th.
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
I suppose that works when you own no other Dslr

I find having a camera inhand insulates me from needing to line up first to buy newly issued Dslrs.

Samsung GX-30 announcement is set for July 7th. Whats that like 4 or 5 days away? I'm on 3 day holiday so another day or two after that & we'll see what Samsung GX-30 & NX and new lens mount rumours flesh out as Facts instead of Fantasy.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbcampbell Quote
Exactly right...You guys keep waiting for the GX-30 while I am out shooting with my K-7. If you are afraid to buy because you have to have the latest, greatest rumored camera then you will never buy one. There is always something new coming down the pipe.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
morning, pentax news, pentax rumors, pre-orders
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon Accepting Pre-orders on K-r seachunk2 Pentax News and Rumors 8 09-10-2010 12:27 PM
Henry's Canada pre-orders? neg80 Pentax News and Rumors 0 07-07-2009 11:55 AM
K2000 white pre-orders millertime Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 9 02-19-2009 01:37 AM
Amazon taking orders for new stuff rburgoss Pentax News and Rumors 20 10-01-2008 11:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top