Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Mr Hyde's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 761
K-7 available in US on July 7th???

In another thread it was mentioned that B&H Photo is accepting orders now for the K-7. I just checked Amazon.com (where I placed my pre-order) and they are advertising that the K-7 will be in stock on July 7th. Maybe those who pre-ordered early from amazon will have a suprise at the end of next week?!?!?!?!

07-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 215
Hmmm...Amazon now says:
Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)
Other products by Pentax
No customer reviews yet. Be the first. | More about this product
Price: $1,298.99
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Willoughby's Established 1898.

And Willoughby's says "In Stock...Ships in 1 -2 days"
07-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Mr Hyde's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 761
Original Poster
Willoughby's dropped their price by $1 so they would be the default seller. if you look to the right on that page you can select Amazon.com as the seller, add to your cart then click the link in your cart to view the in stock date for Amazon. Just remember to remove from your cart unless you want another
07-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 215
Got it...well, I will take my chances with B&H I guess.
The pentax site still says mid to late July.

"This item is available for preorder; it will be available mid to late July. However, you may place your order now and it will be shipped to you immediately upon availability. Or click the "Email me when available" link above and we will notify you as soon as this item is in stock."

07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
Pentax site is playing safe margin for the release date, nothing unusual.
07-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmore, KY
Posts: 349
I wonder how all this affects orders placed at the Pentax webstore?
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
In another thread it was mentioned that B&H Photo is accepting orders now for the K-7. I just checked Amazon.com (where I placed my pre-order) and they are advertising that the K-7 will be in stock on July 7th. Maybe those who pre-ordered early from amazon will have a suprise at the end of next week?!?!?!?!
I just cancelled my pre order with Pentax WebStore and ordered with Amazon because they have free shipping. My email from amazon says :

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $1,299.95
Shipping & Handling: $9.12
Super Saver Discount: -$9.12
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total for this Order: $1,299.95


Shipping estimate for these items: July 13, 2009 1 "Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)"
Electronics; $1,299.95
07-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Torphoto's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad W.I.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 620
heheh'



Delivery estimate: July 10, 2009
1 "Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)"
Electronics; $1,299.95



07-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
heheh'



Delivery estimate: July 10, 2009
1 "Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)"
Electronics; $1,299.95

where did you order from?
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote
heheh'



Delivery estimate: July 10, 2009
1 "Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)"
Electronics; $1,299.95

Yeah, that doesn't look like an Amazon email, it looks like from one of the other dealers.


When I check my Amazon order here is what it says:
Items not yet shipped:
Shipping estimate: July 13, 2009 1 of: Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Last edited by jogiba; 07-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.
07-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
That couls have been a bad idea. I doubt amazon will be able to ship to everyone that's pre-ordered with their first shipment, so you may have to wait a while to get one. Hopefully not, but there is huge demand for it and I doubt the supply will be sufficient to meet the demand for a month or 2.


QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I just cancelled my pre order with Pentax WebStore and ordered with Amazon because they have free shipping. My email from amazon says :

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $1,299.95
Shipping & Handling: $9.12
Super Saver Discount: -$9.12
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total for this Order: $1,299.95


Shipping estimate for these items: July 13, 2009 1 "Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only)"
Electronics; $1,299.95
07-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #12
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
I just received the following email from Pentaxwebstore :
Thank you for your recent request to cancel or modify your order. Although every effort will be made to cancel or modify your order, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST. In some instances we are unable to cancel or modify an order even it has not been shipped. To provide you with the fastest service and delivery as possible, once your order is finalized it immediately goes through our automated process. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope that in the majority of cases, our faster processing times work to your advantage. If you have questions about your order, please contact us. We will confirm shortly if we were able to comply with your request. Thank you,Consumer Services

WTF, are they kidding me.
07-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I just received the following email from Pentaxwebstore :
Thank you for your recent request to cancel or modify your order. Although every effort will be made to cancel or modify your order, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST. In some instances we are unable to cancel or modify an order even it has not been shipped. To provide you with the fastest service and delivery as possible, once your order is finalized it immediately goes through our automated process. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope that in the majority of cases, our faster processing times work to your advantage. If you have questions about your order, please contact us. We will confirm shortly if we were able to comply with your request. Thank you,Consumer Services

WTF, are they kidding me.
If you're on a tight deadline that sucks; also for amazon I canceled an order for a lens when the email order confirmation said that it should arrived in 2 weeks because of a processing time of 1 week...are you kidding? I would skip amazon if you want the camera asap, their shipping estimate is misleading because of their not disclosing processing time when placing an order.
07-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
Site Supporter
tomwil's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 778
QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote
I would skip amazon if you want the camera asap, their shipping estimate is misleading because of their not disclosing processing time when placing an order.
It appears that Amazon intentionally delays shipping by a week if using the Super Saver shipping, calling it processing time. They do this to entice you to pay $79 a year for their "Prime Club" membership which includes faster processing time and free or reduced shipping charges.
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Mr Hyde's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 761
Original Poster
i placed my order from Amazon on May 22 and I still have no delivery estimate..... Boooooo
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-7, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo of the Week #122, July 11 - July 25, 2010 VaughnA Weekly Photo Challenges 47 07-24-2010 10:45 PM
Photo of the Week #121, July 4 - July 18, 2010 jmschrei Weekly Photo Challenges 50 07-18-2010 10:01 AM
645D Review 7th June TOUGEFC Pentax Medium Format 9 06-10-2010 04:39 PM
Samsung announce: July 7th Xian Pentax DSLR Discussion 32 07-30-2009 06:06 PM
So it's July 7th, where is Samsung? Mystic Pentax News and Rumors 55 07-12-2009 10:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:03 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top