Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
Price in USA for D-BG4 BATTERY GRIP

I've looked around & the price for K-7 battery grip in USA eludes me. Can someone provide price or link to its price please?

07-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Mr Hyde's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 761
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I've looked around & the price for K-7 battery grip in USA eludes me. Can someone provide price or link to its price please?

its on amazon for $230. They have the new battery too.

Amazon.com: Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 Digital SLR: Electronics

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-D-Li90-Lithium-replacement-battery/dp/B002CGRR8...6631181&sr=8-1
07-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Matjazz's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: EU/Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 774
Quite expensive.
07-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Andi Lo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,925
Cheaper than we thought it would be though. Wasn't the initial price 400$ or so?

07-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
Original Poster
Agreed, Grip is at a Very Reasonable price point

I think $230 is a good deal too.



QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Cheaper than we thought it would be though. Wasn't the initial price 400$ or so?
07-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 40
I paid $125 new for the D-BG2. Granted it's a bit more complicated with the 2 trays and extra buttons, but I'll wait until it comes down to the $150-$175 neighborhood if I buy it at all.
07-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
More buttons, better functionality, supposedly great handling. Worth every penny of $200 since Pentax listened and made it to everyone's "specs." Can't wait till I can afford one :/
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Jasvox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,110
It's about double what it should be selling for. Pentax loves to rip it's customers on the accessories.

Jason

07-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
It's about double what it should be selling for. Pentax loves to rip it's customers on the accessories.

Jason
Nikon MB-D10 Multi Power Battery Pack for Nikon D300 $259.95

Amazon.com: Nikon MB-D10 Multi Power Battery Pack for Nikon D300 & D700 Digital SLR Cameras: Electronics


Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 $229.95
Amazon.com: Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 Digital SLR: Camera & Photo
07-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
Forum Member
Slugger's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 77
Sony's is $300 for the A700 and Canon's is $180 for the 50D. (BH).
07-06-2009, 05:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Jasvox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,110
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Two wrongs make a right?

I bought the BG2 for just over $100 back in November...considering the minimal amount of material and technology within a battery grip, I'd say it was a fair price. 230? Seems a little silly.

Jason
07-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
Mister Guy's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 244
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Two wrongs make a right?

I bought the BG2 for just over $100 back in November...considering the minimal amount of material and technology within a battery grip, I'd say it was a fair price. 230? Seems a little silly.

Jason
Nature of electronic products. First adopters pay for the assembly lines, designs, the initial stock up necessary to release a product world wide. Once those costs are accounted for and the product is profitable, the price drops rapidly. The only two companies in the entire world that are well known for using a different pricing model are Microsoft and Sony, which have been known to sell video gaming consoles at an initial loss in hopes of getting enough sales to interest game developers.
07-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member
GLXLR's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 686
QuoteOriginally posted by Slugger Quote
Sony's is $300 for the A700 and Canon's is $180 for the 50D. (BH).
But you have to admit. The Sony A700's grip is PRETTY sophisticated. I think the K-7's grip should be in the $150 mark considering it isn't mag alloy.

Last edited by GLXLR; 07-14-2009 at 06:48 PM.
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 484
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
Nature of electronic products. First adopters pay for the assembly lines, designs, the initial stock up necessary to release a product world wide. Once those costs are accounted for and the product is profitable, the price drops rapidly. The only two companies in the entire world that are well known for using a different pricing model are Microsoft and Sony, which have been known to sell video gaming consoles at an initial loss in hopes of getting enough sales to interest game developers.
A funny example of Sony vs Pentax pricing: They both licensed the 18-250mm zoom from Tamron. Pentax sells it for $494 (from Amazon, slightly lower than Tamron), while Sony wants $580!
07-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #15
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 127
$230 is actually not that bad. I Norway the current price is 2495 NOK including 25% VAT, that would be about 386 usd including VAT with the current exchange rates.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, d-bg4 battery, grip, pentax news, pentax rumors, price, usa
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: K7 d-bg4 battery grip Duch Sold Items 0 01-29-2010 12:04 PM
K-7 Grip (D-BG4) and Battery - Where are they? jbcampbell Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 14 07-10-2009 06:08 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top