Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 pdf manual vs. prerelease version (trivial)

The official K-7 manual is available from the Pentax USA web site: http://www.pentaximaging.com/pdf/K-7_e_web.pdf

Ned Bunnell had a version up briefly on his blog via scribd, but pulled it when Pentax Japan informed him that this wasn't the final version.

Indeed, the PDF downloaded from the pentaximaging website is different — considerably smaller, for one thing, probably due to higher compression for graphics.

I converted them both to text, and compared the differences, which are there but very minor. This is a list of all changes beyond trivial reformatting. Page numbers here refer to the manual's page numbers, not the pdf page count.
  • Cover: now has an [EN] logo.
  • Page 16: Now properly shows the "Quick Guide" insert rather than a CD labeled "PC Connect".
  • Page 234: The line "While recording a movie, you cannot output it to an external device via the PC/AV terminal." has been removed. Presumably, you can now.

And that's it. I may have missed a few things because there are some text-conversion differences due to the formatting change so I had to scan the diff by hand, which I did very quickly. But the basics are: no big surprises either way.

07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
The line "While recording a movie, you cannot output it to an external device via the PC/AV terminal." has been removed. Presumably, you can now.
Follow-focus systems with external video screens might benefit from this. I'd love a flip screen myself but if my camera can't have it then perhaps i could bracket one on.
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Inactive Account

My K-7 and a/V Output

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
[*] Page 234: The line "While recording a movie, you cannot output it to an external device via the PC/AV terminal." has been removed. Presumably, you can now.
My K-7 included a small piece of paper which described that you can only output while recording to an HDMI terminal. The line above is stated on the sheet. So, the printed manual has been amended with this info. in the actual boxes.

The line should not have been removed, but they addressed it.

Sorry, I can't test either...
07-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
My K-7 included a small piece of paper which described that you can only output while recording to an HDMI terminal. The line above is stated on the sheet. So, the printed manual has been amended with this info. in the actual boxes.

The line should not have been removed, but they addressed it.
Huh. "Ooops."