Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

People who have pre-ordered K7 from Adorama

I'm trying to get in touch with people who have pre-ordered a K7 @ Adorama. My order was placed June 26th, I was told by one guy to drop it and order from B&H because Adorama would basically ship whenever they feel like it. So far all my emails to Adorama have been answered promptly and I don't have a bad feeling about them unless I go read reviews on yelp for instance, which are very negative. I cannot have my order screwed up because I'm leaving the country the 14th, I have picked a UPS one day air shipping so if all goes right I should be getting the camera on wednesday the 8th since the 7th seems to be the official shipping date.

So I would appreciate syncing with people who have pre-ordered from Adorama.

Thanks!

07-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never used them but I've heard good things about them. As for negatve feedback on forums and whatever, you'll always have more people go out of their way to write somethign negative then something positive. Those who don't have problems are usually the majority and the ones out enjoying the weather taking pictures.

Customer service goes along way and if they are constantly repling quickly I would think thats a good sign. That said even they have no control if Pentax doesn't ship them enough boxes or any at all by a X day. No where in Edmonton has recieved any K7's yet Calgary 3 hours south of here has. Stores here are hoping next shipment on Wed/Fri will contain them. Just the way things go at times.
07-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
Damn Brit

Helen Oster who works for Adorama is a member of this forum. She'll probably see this on Monday and post a comment. If you're really concerned, you could maybe PM her but give her a chance to post in this thread first.
07-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote
So far all my emails to Adorama have been answered promptly
[...]
I cannot have my order screwed up because I'm leaving the country the 14th
Have you e-mailed them and told them of your situation and deadline?

07-05-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I've never had a problem with Adorama. I've ordered from them many times. In fact I ordered some filters last week on Monday and received them on Thursday (and they were free shipping items). I think their service and prices are very good. If I change my mind and decide to get a K7 (I'm waiting to see how the lens pricing resolves itself), I would order it from Adorama.
07-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #6

I've had several good experiences

Both in-store and online.

The only problem I've found was not honoring a mis-priced K20 for about $250 through Amazon. I ordered it as soon as I saw it, but I got an auto-cancellation email saying they couldn't honor that price. But that was more of a glitch than bad service.

I'd use them again... but I ordered directly from Amazon this time (because I now have Amazon Prime).
07-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote
I'm trying to get in touch with people who have pre-ordered a K7 @ Adorama. My order was placed June 26th, I was told by one guy to drop it and order from B&H because Adorama would basically ship whenever they feel like it. So far all my emails to Adorama have been answered promptly and I don't have a bad feeling about them unless I go read reviews on yelp for instance, which are very negative. I cannot have my order screwed up because I'm leaving the country the 14th, I have picked a UPS one day air shipping so if all goes right I should be getting the camera on wednesday the 8th since the 7th seems to be the official shipping date.

So I would appreciate syncing with people who have pre-ordered from Adorama.

Thanks!
Would you like to email me directly with your order number and I'll check it out immediately?

Unfortunately, Yelp isn't a good sorce of reliable feedback. I've entered discussions with some of the posters, only to find that they confused Adorama with another store - yes, really - and one 'customer' even admitted that she'd elaborated her story "for a laugh".

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

07-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Adorama has been always great for me. B&H I have had too many issues with to count now and I have stoped dealing with them unless its in person.
07-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Stories that I have heard about presells :

Sometimes Adorama gets their presell camera shipments later then other stores.
Sometimes they get it in the warehouse and their salespeople don't even know they have it in stock yet.

Not sure if they have fixed these problems with oresells.

Otherwise I order more things from Adorama then from BHphoto. Probably 75% of my gear in the past 5 years have been ordered through Adorama.
07-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
Inactive Account

I've ordered from adorama a couple of times, and have always had good service from them.
07-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Forum Member

Do to LBA and CBA I have ordered tons of stuff from Adorama and returned a lot of stuff too. The customer services has always been top notch. I've ordered on monday and received the item by thursday via free shipping too.
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I'm trying to get in touch with people who have pre-ordered a K7 @ Adorama. My order was placed June 26th, I was told by one guy to drop it and order from B&H because Adorama would basically ship whenever they feel like it.

I can't remember if Adorama bills you in advance, but if they do not bill your card until the order ships, it is in their best interest to ship items as soon as possible.
07-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by BrendanPK Quote
Adorama has been always great for me.
I'm delighted to hear it!

Sometimes Adorama gets their presell camera shipments later then other stores.
I don't think that is actually the case; the truth is, we generally prefer to give slightly more conservative estimates regarding an expected delivery in order that customers are not disappointed; we are certainly aware of merchants who claim that they have stock, when in reality they are, the same as us, merely expecting it in.
With high demand items, frequent delivery and dispatch times mean that items can come in one door of the Adorama warehouse, be packaged, and out of another door within a couple of hours, so real time inventory on the website is often not possible.
Unless the items actually hit the shelves, our computer system generates an automatic message in response to an order, indicating that it is out of stock.

Sometimes they get it in the warehouse and their salespeople don't even know they have it in stock yet.
A valid point; we are in the process of up-grading our systems so that this information reaches our sales people more quickly.

QuoteOriginally posted by faidoi Quote
Probably 75% of my gear in the past 5 years have been ordered through Adorama.
Thank you; your business is appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I've ordered from adorama a couple of times, and have always had good service from them.
QuoteOriginally posted by hlpentax Quote
……I have ordered tons of stuff from Adorama ……The customer services has always been top notch. I've ordered on monday and received the item by thursday via free shipping too.
Thanks so much for the great feedback!

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I can't remember if Adorama bills you in advance, but if they do not bill your card until the order ships, it is in their best interest to ship items as soon as possible.
Correct; we only charge your card when your item ships - and yes, once we get back-ordered deliveries in one door, they are packaged and straight out the other door and onto the truck!

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

Last edited by Helen Oster; 07-06-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: typo
07-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Only good marks for me regarding Adorama. If they can extend great service towards a customer situated thousands of miles away from where their store is, I have no doubt they'd do an even better job for those in the US.

Helen Oster was very helpful when I last made a purchase with Adorama. Quick to respond, too. Very, very good customer service.
07-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Unless the items actually hit the shelves, our computer system generates an automatic message in response to an order, indicating that it is out of stock.

Helen Oster

I really hope this is what happened to me, but I've got the nagging feeling I just missed the first batch. If you want to read about my woes here, I just had my K110D stolen and am making my K20D my backup camera and getting a K-7 to replace it. I placed order #A1246816479599406 this weekend and got a backorder notice this morning. I was really hoping to get a replacement camera in hands this week.

Adorama is my preferred camera store since local shops don't really carry Pentax. The only problem I have with Adorama is their filter options load last when browsing, so it takes much longer to reject the Canon and Nikon lenses when I'm browsing and drooling....