Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
I really hope this is what happened to me, but I've got the nagging feeling I just missed the first batch. If you want to read about my woes here, I just had my K110D stolen and am making my K20D my backup camera and getting a K-7 to replace it. I placed order #A1246816479599406 this weekend and got a backorder notice this morning. I was really hoping to get a replacement camera in hands this week.

Adorama is my preferred camera store since local shops don't really carry Pentax. The only problem I have with Adorama is their filter options load last when browsing, so it takes much longer to reject the Canon and Nikon lenses when I'm browsing and drooling....
I placed my pre-order on June 6th . . . spoke with Leah R at Adorama this morning and she sent me a copy of the final order and advised I should receive my K7 by the 9th.

I have never had a problem with Adorama on purchases or returns . . . they are my first source of supply.

Considering the volume of preorders for the K7, I would find it doubtful that you could order this past weekend and expect to receive this week . . . but, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

07-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #17
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

I really hope this is what happened to me, but I've got the nagging feeling I just missed the first batch.
Due to a mess-up by the carrier who were supposed to deliver Friday, they only arrived into our warehouse this morning. As of this posting, they aren't showing on the system so I can't see if your order is on that first shipment in to us.

You are welcome to give me a nudge tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and I'll check it out again for you.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I really hope this is what happened to me, but I've got the nagging feeling I just missed the first batch. If you want to read about my woes here, I just had my K110D stolen and am making my K20D my backup camera and getting a K-7 to replace it. I placed order #A1246816479599406 this weekend and got a backorder notice this morning. I was really hoping to get a replacement camera in hands this week.

Adorama is my preferred camera store since local shops don't really carry Pentax. The only problem I have with Adorama is their filter options load last when browsing, so it takes much longer to reject the Canon and Nikon lenses when I'm browsing and drooling....

Try Amazon.com. They are now adversiting In Stock available for tomorrow delivery with one day shipping.
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #19

just got off the phone with Adorama.. was told they would not arrive until Friday at Adorama... so even with shipping not to my door until next week.. Sorry guys... moving my order to BH to be delivered this week. If this isnt true then Helen you need to inform your customer support folks.

07-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
Inactive Account

I pre-ordered K 7 May 22. Sent email to Helen @ 2:42 est and got this reply 4:01 est:

Dear Edward

They arrived this morning, were stocked today and are already shipping as I type this!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
07-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by mrt10x Quote
just got off the phone with Adorama.. was told they would not arrive until Friday at Adorama... so even with shipping not to my door until next week.. Sorry guys... moving my order to BH to be delivered this week. If this isnt true then Helen you need to inform your customer support folks.

They were delivered this morning (Monday) and are already packed and are shipping out as I type this. I would be interested to know who gave you inaccurate information; could you please contact me directly. Thanks

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I preordered my K-7 on May 27th with Adorama. Just noticed that my account was finally debited around noon today, so I assume my shipment is on the way!

:-)

07-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
I preordered my K-7 on May 27th with Adorama. Just noticed that my account was finally debited around noon today, so I assume my shipment is on the way!

Yes, it is.....

Helen
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote

Just checked my bank: 07/06/2009 15:36 Mail/Phone Order Approved 5969 $1,291.75

Very, VERY excited.
07-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
They were delivered this morning (Monday) and are already packed and are shipping out as I type this. I would be interested to know who gave you inaccurate information; could you please contact me directly. Thanks

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Helen is correct..please disregard my earlier post.. Adorama once again comes through.. and will continue to be my point of purchase preference.
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #26

I physically went to the store on 18th Street in Manhattan to try to buy it in person but according to one of the reps it wasn't available. There weren't any in stock and it definitely wasn't on the show floor.

Does your retail and web business operate seperately?
07-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got my UPS tracking number from Adorama . . . will be here on Thursday.

Thanks Adorama . . .
07-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by snooked Quote
I pre-ordered K 7 May 22. Sent email to Helen @ 2:42 est and got this reply 4:01 est:

Dear Edward

They arrived this morning, were stocked today and are already shipping as I type this!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Got an email with tracking number this evening.

Ed
07-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snooked Quote
Got an email with tracking number this evening.

Ed
Ditto here. Got tracking # and am impatiently waiting for the sound of a truck...
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by slappy76 Quote
I physically went to the store on 18th Street in Manhattan to try to buy it in person but according to one of the reps it wasn't available. There weren't any in stock and it definitely wasn't on the show floor.

Does your retail and web business operate seperately?
Yes, they do. We hold stock in the store in NYC and stock in our warehouse in NJ for Internet orders. The stock is delivered to NJ and the store allocation goes up to 42 West 18th St by truck.

I apologize that you were inconvenienced; if you would like to call Martino, the storemanager, directly, he should be able to confim that he has them before you pop in again.

Sincerely

Helen Oster