Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #1

K-7 in stock and shipping from Amazon

Looks like it has arrived!

From Twitter: RT @markolwick: Pentax K7 now in stock and shipping at Amazon Amazon.com: Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only): Camera & Photo

I still haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail from Amazon today... but it should be heading my way soon!

WOO HOO!

07-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryeclifton Quote
Looks like it has arrived!

From Twitter: RT @markolwick: Pentax K7 now in stock and shipping at Amazon Amazon.com: Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video (Body Only): Camera & Photo

I still haven't gotten my confirmation e-mail from Amazon today... but it should be heading my way soon!

WOO HOO!
What local USA camera stores carries Pentax? I know of none in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Even the local Wolf store has returned all their Pentax cameras.
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Amazon shipped mine friday. It will be here today. I just wish I didn't have to work. If I miss the delivery though, ill pick it up at ups. I can't wait.
07-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
What local USA camera stores carries Pentax? I know of none in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Even the local Wolf store has returned all their Pentax cameras.
No more retailers in D/FW. Cooters Village camera was one of the last, and I spoke with them about a month ago and they are selling off existing inventory. They recommended a few other stores in the Metroplex, but I kept running into walls.

Wolf was the only other alternative, and to your point... that seems to be a dead end too.

07-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #5

My order status at B&H is now "READY TO SHIP" !!!!

Yay!
07-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hunterr Quote
My order status at B&H is now "READY TO SHIP" !!!!

Yay!

...and as for me still waiting for Adorama...
07-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Forum Member

k-7 1 day shipping on amazon

Amazon now says I can have it delivered by July 7th if I change to 1 day shipping. This is very very temping. but it will cost $30 more.

07-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hlpentax Quote
Amazon now says I can have it delivered by July 7th if I change to 1 day shipping. This is very very temping. but it will cost $30 more.
Ok I just cancelled at Adorama and ordered @ Amazon with one day shipping.

Nothing wrong with Adorama at all, I just need to get the camera asap and be done with it. I had already ordered from them before and it went just fine; for the K7 they should start shipping soon but not tonight apparently.
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I ordered with super saver shipping. I just checked and I can no longer change my order since they are preparing for shipping. Still July 9th shipping estimate however...
07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote

Nothing wrong with Adorama at all, I just need to get the camera asap and be done with it. I had already ordered from them before and it went just fine; for the K7 they should start shipping soon but not tonight apparently.
Good. I'll take yours!
07-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

I did the same as you! Guaranteed delivery by tomorrow! Now hopefully I'll be there to receive it, but that's a different problem.
07-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I ordered with super saver shipping. I just checked and I can no longer change my order since they are preparing for shipping. Still July 9th shipping estimate however...
I'm in the same boat as you.
I sent Amazon an email asking why... but haven't gotten a response. I'm going to be frustrated if ordering early sets me back a few days.

But I will say the last time I got an email from Amazon saying that my order was about to be shipped, it showed up 15 minutes later. Apparently it was drop-shipped from the manufacture and Amazon didn't get the notification until the product had already been delivered. Fingers crossed that the K-7 shows up tomorrow.
07-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
Forum Member

did you confirm by email and by phone? I did both, my account stills shows pending but on the phone I was told it's been canceled.
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryeclifton Quote
I'm in the same boat as you.
I sent Amazon an email asking why... but haven't gotten a response. I'm going to be frustrated if ordering early sets me back a few days.

But I will say the last time I got an email from Amazon saying that my order was about to be shipped, it showed up 15 minutes later. Apparently it was drop-shipped from the manufacture and Amazon didn't get the notification until the product had already been delivered. Fingers crossed that the K-7 shows up tomorrow.
Are you kidding? It shows on stock with tomorrow delivery if you chose one day shipping, I expect no less than getting it tomorrow. they even have a timer that shows the remaining hours for next day shipping. I doubt they would do that if they weren't sure.
07-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #15

Original Poster
Are you kidding? It shows on stock with tomorrow delivery if you chose one day shipping, I expect no less than getting it tomorrow. they even have a timer that shows the remaining hours for next day shipping. I doubt they would do that if they weren't sure.
Not kidding.
Still says: We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

Delivery estimate:July 9, 2009

Also, my CC hasn't been charged yet. even if it isn't going to ship today, I'd like to understand what has/is happening.