Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #16
Forum Member

My guess is that Pentax's first goal is to make retailers happy. Current Pentax users aren't going anywhere. Retailers haven't been too keen on stocking Pentax's products lately. I agree that it's crappy that people ordering directly from Pentax don't seem to have the red carpet treatment you would expect, but it's probably in the best interest of all Pentax users for retailers to get their orders filled promptly and in full to keep them happy.

07-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do have an update. I e-mailed Pentax Webstore to upgrade to next-day shipping, but got a personal e-mail back to tell me that my order had already been processed and was in line to ship, so it was too late. Well, this was a personal e-mail, "signed" by someone in customer care.

I e-mailed back thanking them for taking time to contact me directly. In reply, "Laura" at Pentax customer care gave me my tracking number (which I know I can get from the order link) but also confirmed the day that my camera actually shipped and warned me that UPS's site sometimes lags in posting activity and not to worry.

Given how rapidly they're probably having to work, I was impressed with this little bit of personal attention, and the continuity of care (same person all through).

So I think my wait is bearable. Something about talking with real human beings--at their initiative--has eased my mind and made me willing to use the Pentax Webstore again in the future.