Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
That must be nice. I buy most of my gear online through B&H. I would love to have the opportunity to browse in that superstore sometime!
One of my brothers lives in NYC and everytime we visit him I always have to go the BH Photo store. It is very cool indeed and just like the Empire State Building may be a tourist stop for some ---- BH is the tourist stop for me. Just remember to tell the wife that you are only "looking".

kman

07-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #17

The UPS guy just left...battery is charging. How come no one has the D-BG4 grip in stock???
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
That must be nice. I buy most of my gear online through B&H. I would love to have the opportunity to browse in that superstore sometime!
I gotta say, I'm not a superfan of the B&H in-person experience. Buying the K-7 was not unlike other times there -- sales guy didn't know anything about Pentax, didn't know anything about the model ("Is it a point and shoot?" later "Do you want a compact flash card for it?" * le sigh * ), and asked me if I wanted a lens, if I wanted a bag, if I wanted an extended warranty, etc.

And then there the whole herding through payment, herding through pick up. Efficient, I guess, but not enjoyable.

I know it can be a BH love fest here but I like them most for having stuff in stock and fixing problems when they come up (they were pretty good about a defective DA 50-135)... but certainly not for the customer experience. I'd wager the on-line buying experience is better.
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I was in Manhattan for 5 days and never made it out there....

07-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter

B&H in-store buying experience

I was in NYC last month and purchased a new lense, new flash and misc. other stuff.
I found the sales person to be fairly knowledgeable about Pentax.
Said he always used Pentax when shooting film (how often have we heard that.)
In any event, it was a very pleasant experience.

David
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #21

Customer Service at B&H is hit or miss. The first time I went in to inquire about the K-7 the guy at the counter was incredibly knowledgeable about the brand, today I went in (they now have K-7s on the floor) and guy behind the counter knew little about the model.

I have to say B&H is like my Toys R' Us. Seeing their green bins push products along in their conveyor belts above your head and below the counters is definitely something you won't get at your local Best Buy.