Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Edit: I've now talked to people at my local store... They were supposed to get their K-7s yesterday, but there was a unspecified (to me) problem with their order with Pentax Canada and it was not shipped out They should received them in 3 days.
That really sucks!!! So much for pre-ordering. I called the place where I pre-ordered and they were still not available on monday... So I went to Simons to pick up the last one they had and I am not even a regular customer of them!!

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Non, non je comprends très bien ce que tu veux dire, même problème ici si ce n'est qu'ils doivent mettre le manuel en flamand aussi

Humm.... mais bon, je reste plus en place moi
Hi Thibs! C'est pourquoi je ne me sens pas dépaysé en habitant au Québec BTW le monde est petit, je suis un aclot (de naissance) moi zaussi

07-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

We are apparently talking about possibly another 2 weeks here in the UK.
What I can't understand is that we had the DA* 60-250mm about a month earlier than in the USA and probably most other places as well yet we are so far behind with the K-7. When you look at the price difference as well I am really surprised Pentax aren't going where they are trying to sell it for 50% more first.
07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Shop owner said 'maybe today'... not

So maybe friday... s****t Sunday I'm in the plane
07-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Hi Thibs! C'est pourquoi je ne me sens pas dépaysé en habitant au Québec
J'imagine... je retournerais bien à Montréal tiens, les souvenirs de quand j'avais 8 ans sont... loin

BTW le monde est petit, je suis un aclot (de naissance) moi zaussi
Pas de naissance mais d'adoption en ce qui me concerne mais bon, je suis bien ici, pas l'intention de décamper

07-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Don't complain. While the K-7 is everywhere in North America, we, poor residents of Québec, we have to wait for Pentax to open all the K-7 boxes they ship to our province to add the French manual. Unfortunately, they don't ship the manuals at the time they ship the cameras. You can find K-7 just about everywhere in Canada (if you pre-ordered it) except Québec. I WANT MY K-7. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT A BLOODY FRENCH MANUAL. I just feel like crying.
Wish granted. Now you have to wait till they removed all the French manuals from the boxes again.
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Wish granted. Now you have to wait till they removed all the French manuals from the boxes again.
Why am I feeling this typical belgian thing. Seems Canadian and Belgian people so share the same curses
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

That really sucks!!! So much for pre-ordering. I called the place where I pre-ordered and they were still not available on monday... So I went to Simons to pick up the last one they had and I am not even a regular customer of them!!

Hi Thibs! C'est pourquoi je ne me sens pas dépaysé en habitant au Québec BTW le monde est petit, je suis un aclot (de naissance) moi zaussi
What sucks even more is that I pre ordered my K-7 from Simon's, and when I called to inquire today, they told me they hadn't received them yet. NOW, I'M PI$$ED OFF. They've had my money for weeks, and there you go with MY k-7.

Sans rancune, ni préjudice.

07-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What sucks even more is that I pre ordered my K-7 from Simon's, and when I called to inquire today, they told me they hadn't received them yet. NOW, I'M PI$$ED OFF. They've had my money for weeks, and there you go with MY k-7.
I think ManuH should go to your place and hand over the K-7 that rightfully belongs to you

Seriously, this really sucks on Simon's Cameras's part...
07-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My luck is that Photoservice where I pre-ordered didn't ask me to put down any money so I could cancel any time (without remorse because I know that they will be able to sell it fast anyway if they receive it).

But now that I think about it, we're maybe not talking about the same Simons, they have a store in the Old Montreal and one in Laval and they don't seem to share stocks AFAIK.
07-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #25
Veteran Member

The store in Laval get's all it's stock from the store in Montréal. When I called them Saturday, I was told that NEITHER Montréal or Laval had them in stock, and as soon as Montréal had them, they would send their allotment to Laval. Beside, they share the same website page. I'm really, really, really ticked off. I don't think I'll ever deal with Simon's again.
07-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The store in Laval get's all it's stock from the store in Montréal. When I called them Saturday, I was told that NEITHER Montréal or Laval had them in stock, and as soon as Montréal had them, they would send their allotment to Laval. Beside, they share the same website page. I'm really, really, really ticked off. I don't think I'll ever deal with Simon's again.
Hum that's very interesting... I find strange that many pre-orders (not only from Simon's Cameras) are not filled first. Even the people who ordered on the Pentax Webstore (USA) got their cameras after many stores... But here's what I think could have happened. When you pre-order and put a cash down, the store has no real incentive to fill your order first, they already have your money! It's not like you'll go elsewhere to buy it. Meanwhile if they can sell quickly the first batch to other people that's all benefits for them. That would be nasty if it was true, I hope it's not.

The other explanation is that the pre-orders are registered directly with Pentax and as they are treated individually they are filled slowly while anonymous batches are sent faster to the stores for general consumption.

The morality of the story however is that pre-ordering doesn't work... Especially now in the internet age where you could learn where and when the cameras hit the stores...

Anyway, I would be curious to know what will be the Simon's version of the story when you'll call them
07-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I just called them again, and was told there had been a mix-up. Right now, they are trying to get one in a rush ftrom Pentax to fill my order. Like Pentax still has some ready to ship. I'm considering wether I should take legal action (after I get my camera) to get a partial refund for breach of contract. I'm going to check with the Consumer Protection Agency later on to see what I can do. I actually paid the camera in full when I ordered it, so I should have been served before walk-in customers.
07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Had to cancel my order today sence im going on my vaccation tomorrow :/ Camera store couldnt give me an answer if and when they would get the camera. (was #8 in line in swedens biggest camera warehouse).

Guess I got 13000 swedish kr to spend during my holidays now :P all is not bad

And Ill get my k-7 when im in newyork in septembre instead
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I actually paid the camera in full when I ordered it,
Yikes, you have very good reasons to be "en tab...". I sure would be. I guess you should never pay in full for an item you don't get right away. My confidence in local shops is getting lower and lower.
07-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #30
Pentaxian

M'y local shop, maybe because they Know me didn't ask for anything : not s
a single €.