Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Yikes, you have very good reasons to be "en tab...". I sure would be. I guess you should never pay in full for an item you don't get right away. My confidence in local shops is getting lower and lower.
I checked with Consumer Protection, and was told that since a bill of sale is a binding contract, if I send them a notice of intent, I can legally sue them for breach of contract. So, I think I'll send Simon's Camera a letter explaining the matter and see if I can possibly get the grip for nothing. I have nothing to loose right now.

My last two major Pentax purchases turned into a nightmare, so I'm now wondering if I shouldn't turn to the dark side. Just a thought. The killer is that I went to Simon's for the K-7 due to their good reputation. So much for reputation.

I'M MAD AS HELL"

07-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Europe is always known for getting things last, television, video games, etc. I think it's because of some European law or something that makes it take longer to allow things to go through. I'm not quite sure if this is true or not with this, but I used to play a lot of video games and I was a huge PS3 nerd and people in Europe are always complaining about video games releasing later than in the US.
07-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Europe is always known for getting things last, television, video games, etc. I think it's because of some European law or something that makes it take longer to allow things to go through. I'm not quite sure if this is true or not with this, but I used to play a lot of video games and I was a huge PS3 nerd and people in Europe are always complaining about video games releasing later than in the US.
I think it's more than likely a case of the size of the market determines who gets what and when. North America is a much larger market than Europe.
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Europe has more than double the population of North America, and it sounds like Pentax has a much greater market presence there than in the US at least. If it went by market size Australia would be last in line continent wise. However, that's obviously not the case.

07-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #35
Damn Brit

Australia is closer to the Japan Market.
Europe may have a bigger population but I think it is still a smaller market by units sold.
I could be wrong though.
07-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
Europe has more than double the population of North America, and it sounds like Pentax has a much greater market presence there than in the US at least. If it went by market size Australia would be last in line continent wise. However, that's obviously not the case.
With 310.000.000 compared to 830.000.000 it is nearly three times more people in Europe.
07-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Probably just shipping

To Japan probably one week, by boat.
4 to USA and 5-6 to europe. But we always seem to get them more thatn 2-3 weeks later. We in Holland get them even later than France and Great-Britain countries known for general strikes that disrupt economy, so I guess one in two releases are hampered by this, but still, we get them later
07-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #38
Veteran Member

At last, I got my K-7. Simon's Cameras got one shipped express by Pentax Canada, and they apologized for giving ManuH my camera. To make amend for their mistake, they gave me a 16gb. class6 card free of charge, and I'll get the D-BG4 and a D-Li90 at their cost, so I guess I'm finally happy. I will go out shooting later on.

07-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Good for you, flyer !!

But now I wonder if you didn't get *my* camera My shop still has not received their order from Pentax Canada...
07-11-2009, 04:52 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Good for you, flyer !!

But now I wonder if you didn't get *my* camera My shop still has not received their order from Pentax Canada...
Life's a bitch.
07-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
At last, I got my K-7. Simon's Cameras got one shipped express by Pentax Canada, and they apologized for giving ManuH my camera. To make amend for their mistake, they gave me a 16gb. class6 card free of charge, and I'll get the D-BG4 and a D-Li90 at their cost, so I guess I'm finally happy. I will go out shooting later on.
Glad to hear the happy end. Hey because of me you've got freebies... hmmm should I ask for my piece of the cake?

Now we have to wait for Richard to get his K-7 so we can do a meeting to play with our new toys.
07-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Hey because of me you've got freebies... hmmm should I ask for my piece of the cake?

Don't take your dreams for reality.
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
They already have them in Asia, Australia and North America but as usual the best part of the world is last . Europe ofcourse.
North America is the best part of the world, biggest market for anything and I'm not even going to start talking about wide open spaces....
07-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
With 310.000.000 compared to 830.000.000 it is nearly three times more people in Europe.
Stig, no offense intended and to be fair: you are only quoting US population... There are more countries in North America than just the US!

There are over 20 countries (not including territories of the UK, France, Netherlands, etc.)! Try around 528,000,000 as the estimate for North America's population. Just the US and Canada is around 340,000,000. Not sure how many folks in Greenland, Mexico and further south are interested in Pentax though... that could be a deal killer. Just like many folks in Europe will not be interested in Pentax, so that's why I am balancing this comment. I think Duplo in Greenland is interested in a K-7...

Yves, je suis desole pour vous!! M*rd*...

Sincerely,
Marc
07-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote

Yves, je suis desole pour vous!! M*rd*...

Sincerely,
Marc
Everything is fixed now, and, come to think about it, it could have been worst. What was really bugging me is that I have a job tomorrow, and I sold my K10D a week ago, so I didn't have a back up. Now, everything is back on track. And the K-7 seems like a great camera, so far.