Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax should do something about delivery...

They already have them in Asia, Australia and North America but as usual the best part of the world is last . Europe ofcourse.

07-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian

...and isn't Europe Pentax's biggest market?

(I'm also waiting for my K-7 to arrive in stock at Rabbit Hill )
07-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Its a bit odd.

Maybe translating matierial into French, German, Spanish, Italian etc. (inc. Dutch!) is taking longer than expected and Pentax want to be able to do a pan-European launch (including the UK).

Although one would have perhaps expected all this to have been done ages ago so its probably just one of those things.

Still it means I can see whether Samsung announce anything tomorrow that's of interest.
07-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Its a bit odd.

Maybe translating matierial into French, German, Spanish, Italian etc. (inc. Dutch!) is taking longer than expected and Pentax want to be able to do a pan-European launch (including the UK).

Although one would have perhaps expected all this to have been done ages ago so its probably just one of those things.

Still it means I can see whether Samsung announce anything tomorrow that's of interest.
Haha noobs!
I think it's taking a while because they are distributing so many K-7's to so many different countries. You have 3 countries in N.A. which include Mexico, U.S., and Canada.

07-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Don't complain. While the K-7 is everywhere in North America, we, poor residents of Québec, we have to wait for Pentax to open all the K-7 boxes they ship to our province to add the French manual. Unfortunately, they don't ship the manuals at the time they ship the cameras. You can find K-7 just about everywhere in Canada (if you pre-ordered it) except Québec. I WANT MY K-7. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT A BLOODY FRENCH MANUAL. I just feel like crying.
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
Inactive Account

C'est dommage

c[_]
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Je vois qu'il y a un peu de compassion pour les "pauvres Canadiens Français". C'est apprécié.

07-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's OK guys...
The world won't end if your pre-ordered K-7 doesn't come today.
There is still that old camera you have that takes good photos too...
07-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My K10D is already gone, so I don't have a back-up camera right now. Beside, I'm used to have two bodies with different lenses. I feel kind of naked with only one camera. And my bag doesn't feel balanced with a body missing.
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #10

Try getting one in Colorado! The home of Pentax USA.

No retailers here even stock Pentax anymore and I called the customer service about where I could find one in stock, and they were totally useless.
07-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Je vois qu'il y a un peu de compassion pour les "pauvres Canadiens Français". C'est apprécié.
Non, non je comprends très bien ce que tu veux dire, même problème ici si ce n'est qu'ils doivent mettre le manuel en flamand aussi

Humm.... mais bon, je reste plus en place moi
07-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Perhaps we'll have the first copies from the second production batch? You know... the ones without the teething problems...

Wim
07-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Light_Horseman Quote
Try getting one in Colorado! The home of Pentax USA.

No retailers here even stock Pentax anymore and I called the customer service about where I could find one in stock, and they were totally useless.
While I feel your pain, I'm pretty sure either Adorama or B&H would be more than happy to be your own personal camera store, like they are for me down here in the Pentax-free zone of North Carolina!
07-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Don't complain. While the K-7 is everywhere in North America, we, poor residents of Québec, we have to wait for Pentax to open all the K-7 boxes they ship to our province to add the French manual. Unfortunately, they don't ship the manuals at the time they ship the cameras. You can find K-7 just about everywhere in Canada (if you pre-ordered it) except Québec. I WANT MY K-7. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT A BLOODY FRENCH MANUAL. I just feel like crying.
Don't cry, there is some hope: Simon's Cameras in Montreal apparently got 12 K-7 last saturday... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/657504-post27.html

I'm hoping to get mine today (K-7 on 7/07 ). I'll ring my store later today, the Pentax rep for Québec told me they were supposed to be among the first shops to get them.

Edit: I've now talked to people at my local store... They were supposed to get their K-7s yesterday, but there was a unspecified (to me) problem with their order with Pentax Canada and it was not shipped out They should received them in 3 days.

Last edited by RBellavance; 07-07-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Status update
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't complain. While the K-7 is everywhere in North America, we, poor residents of Québec, we have to wait for Pentax to open all the K-7 boxes they ship to our province to add the French manual.
It's not true, I picked up my K-7 from Simons and there is a small paper in the box that you have to fill up with your address and name and Pentax Canada will send you the french manual when it's available.