Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I still haven't got mine.....

07-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I still haven't got mine.....

Got mine however (Sorry, really), double kitted but no spare battery or grip available.
07-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #63
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got mine...

...from CybepPhoto in Sweden, ordered on afternoon 16:th, arrived midday 17:th.

Ordered a kit Body + 18-55 WR and also Grip + 55-300

Have had some time to play around a little, I love it!

/Hans
07-21-2009, 05:16 AM   #64

I bought mine yesterday. I've could of got it with the 18-55 and 50-200 kit lens, but i went for the body and 18-55. There are no spare batteries available yet, but the grip is in stock.

07-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been told mine will ship tomorrow.....
07-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #66
Veteran Member

I went to collect mine yesterday. The so-called kits were delivered in separate boxes for the body and the kit lens, so I got one from the first batch anyway.

Battery charged and settings configured as I like them. No pictures yet as it was getting very late. Either tomorrow during lunch break or Saturday...

I'm impressed so far. The demo cam in the store impressed me by the quietness of the shutter and the speed of AF and burst. At home while playing around while the battery was charging, I found the K-7 fits in my hand so much better than the K20D inasmuch that I'm hesitating now to get the grip. Screen and view finder are awesome. The viewfinder is actually brighter than my K20D with Optibrite KatzEye.

Wim
07-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Viewfinder

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote

I'm impressed so far. The demo cam in the store impressed me by the quietness of the shutter and the speed of AF and burst. At home while playing around while the battery was charging, I found the K-7 fits in my hand so much better than the K20D inasmuch that I'm hesitating now to get the grip. Screen and view finder are awesome. The viewfinder is actually brighter than my K20D with Optibrite KatzEye.
Sounds good!

I'm curious if focusing fast MF lenses is easier than with the standard K10 screen...

07-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #68
Pentaxian

I went to collect mine yesterday. The so-called kits were delivered in separate boxes for the body and the kit lens, so I got one from the first batch anyway.

Battery charged and settings configured as I like them. No pictures yet as it was getting very late. Either tomorrow during lunch break or Saturday...

Wim
Hehe I'm not surprised with your comments
07-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...I found the K-7 fits in my hand so much better than the K20D inasmuch that I'm hesitating now to get the grip....
Strange, isn't it? And then there are those who return it because of its size.
Guess it's something that would have to be tried out.

QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
Sounds good!

I'm curious if focusing fast MF lenses is easier than with the standard K10 screen...
+1 I'm also curious if the lesser magnification with 100% coverage (smaller image) is a hindrance for manual focusing.
07-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
+1 I'm also curious if the lesser magnification with 100% coverage (smaller image) is a hindrance for manual focusing.
Nope, not for me at least. A ketzeye or something alike would be welcome for sure but otherwise, better than K20D stock VF.
07-24-2009, 06:19 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Nope, not for me at least. A ketzeye or something alike would be welcome for sure but otherwise, better than K20D stock VF.
Good to hear. The Katzeye for the K7 is not (yet) available, I believe?

PS I just saw the K7 in Fnac this morning. Doesn't seem that much smaller than a K10D/K20D.
07-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Good to hear. The Katzeye for the K7 is not (yet) available, I believe?

PS I just saw the K7 in Fnac this morning. Doesn't seem that much smaller than a K10D/K20D.
Get one in your hand you will understand.
It feels a lot smaller and lighter than it really is. It is obvious, being used to my K10D.
07-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Get one in your hand you will understand.
It feels a lot smaller and lighter than it really is. It is obvious, being used to my K10D.
feeling smaller would actually be a negative in my book.
07-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Smaller, yes (note I wrote 'feels' it ireally isn't much smaller) but it handles way better IMO. Even better.

Pure Joy I'm not even sure I will get the grip I'm used to have on my K10D.
08-03-2009, 01:55 AM   #75
Veteran Member

It's a really a matter of hand shape/size and how you hold your camera. Everytime I hold a K10/K20 it feels like it's going to fall from my fingers. The K100 and now the K7, while smaller, just suit my long hands much better!