Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slappy76 Quote
My guess is they didn't want to release it on a day that coincided with MJ's funeral coverage. Geez there wasn't a single channel that didn't cover it. As I look at this subforum all postings stopped right around the start of the funeral. My guess is all of you were watching it too.
What's MJ?

07-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My guess is they didn't want to release it on a day that coincided with MJ's funeral coverage. Geez there wasn't a single channel that didn't cover it. As I look at this subforum all postings stopped right around the start of the funeral. My guess is all of you were watching it too.
They had the funeral already?

Oh wait... you mean it took them this long to have the dang funeral?
07-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I was. I even went to work with only an hour's worth of sleep because of it (time zone differences). I understand that maybe a lot of folks here never liked his music (I will admit that I do), but I would think it's fitting considering his status as one of the biggest names in the music industry of all time.

I'm grateful that CNN devoted time to covering the memorial since I wouldn't have been able to see it otherwise (I doubt online streaming can do it, I have a less-than-ideal connection), as with millions of others around the world.

Anyway, for those sick and tired of it, well, it's now over, so there.
07-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I love MJs music dances and I also think he is one of the greatest artists of the century.

07-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Excuse me, but this thread is supposed to be be about Samsung announcement, not about Michael Jackson funeral.
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #21

I donīt think that Samsung didnīt announce something for MJ funeral.
The name of the NX camera that I had was NX3 and now is NX10... is probably any change else.

The "GX30" could be the las DSLR APS camera from Samsumg because some rumors (only that I canīt confirm them) say Samsung would go to fullframe cameras.
Samsung would be working in a DSLR GX fullframe camera leaving APS sensor to NX system.
But, what about fullframe lenses?? here is the another part of the rumor...
Samsung would be working with fullframe FA lenses of Pentax, a redesign of them because the GX fullframe camera will use the same mount in the actual GX/K series.

I know for my job Samsung has been working in a fullframe Cmos sensor for one year and this is the only thing I am sure.
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Xian Quote
I donīt think that Samsung didnīt announce something for MJ funeral.
Me neither. Maybe marketing people in the US would postpone launches due to Michael Jacksons funeral but even if he was extremely popular in the rest of the world as well and the funeral sure was a big thing in the media yesterday, I bet it was far from affecting marketing decisions in most business areas.

The "GX30" could be the las DSLR APS camera from Samsumg because some rumors (only that I canīt confirm them) say Samsung would go to fullframe cameras.
Samsung would be working in a DSLR GX fullframe camera leaving APS sensor to NX system.
Samsung would be working with fullframe FA lenses of Pentax, a redesign of them because the GX fullframe camera will use the same mount in the actual GX/K series.

I know for my job Samsung has been working in a fullframe Cmos sensor for one year and this is the only thing I am sure.
I really hope for this to happen. Not that I am sure I will be able to afford one, or even want to have one, depending on its size, but I think it would be good for the sales of all K-mount cameras. I think Sony has gotten as far as they have by using dealer connections that they already have due to their broad range of products. Samsung should be able to do the same to push their DSLRs but supringsingly they haven't done that yet for some reason. Since Pentax aren't represented in most of these stores anyway, I can only see advantages for Pentax niche cameras (small - high spec - weather sealed) if Samsung increases market shares for the K-mount. But they wont get market shares with FF...unless the price is VERY low....wonder what their plans are?

/Tommy

07-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #23

Personnaly, I don't know anymore what to think about these fullframe rumors. If what Xian say is true, then it's seems that the roles have changed and that Samsung is bound to become the new leader (hero) of the K mont world.
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
Excuse me, but this thread is supposed to be be about Samsung announcement, not about Michael Jackson funeral.
Well, there was *no* announcement to speak of, anyway. Ask the mods to delete my posts if it so offends you. I certainly am not deleting them myself.
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #25

About Sony I know nothing, but in many forum and blog say Sony will launch one fullframe camera this year and probably it will come under $2000.
If it is true Samsung could be thinking to attack the same market with another fullframe (without fullframe lenses) and could difficult to Canon and Nikon.

Could be the moment to popularize the fullframe sensor and Samsung has resources and production.
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #26
Not Registered

No sense

Samsung jumps over APS-C dslr and go for a APS-C NX with EVF and a new mount

Samsung is working on FF and new lenses for FF and people keep thinking that they would release such a camera on K-mount. For what, to let Pentax sell the lenses?. It doesnt make sense to me. If Samsung is thinking on FF I would imagine that they will be thinking on a different mount so they can also squeeze the money coming from lenses.
07-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Maybe Samsung is working on an MJ mount.
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #28
Not Registered

And they will only sell it to you if you "moonwalk" to them.
07-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Well, recently I have bought my third FA Limited, my FA Limiteds lineup is complete, so I am pretty much ready for FF Bring it on!
07-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Hah hah. Full frame...
Who would buy a Samsung FF other than Pentax users? It would instantly kill 1/3-1/4 of the Pentax community.