Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #1

price raised again?

I am living in Hong Kong. The price for Pentax's lens raised a lot. (i think it's the most expensive place in the world).
But, I just read the forum in HK and someone told that the price will raise again in next Monday.
Wow, it's crazy, I really don't understand Hoya's pricing strategy. They really want to expand the market share of Pentax?
Really strange move.

07-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
I am living in Hong Kong. The price for Pentax's lens raised a lot. (i think it's the most expensive place in the world).
But, I just read the forum in HK and someone told that the price will raise again in next Monday.
Wow, it's crazy, I really don't understand Hoya's pricing strategy. They really want to expand the market share of Pentax?
Really strange move.
it is a Hoya's plot to further alienate RH from K-mount gear
07-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
For your reference, I bought my DA 40 for HK 2000 about 3 years ago.
Someone said it's now selling at HK 3900 in MK.
It's really crazy...
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the price of fame and popularity.
it's all the K-7's fault I tell ya.

07-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This isn't just Hoya.

According to a local retailer, the price rises are linked to global factory shutdowns (as a result of the GFC) and increased demand for the product.

This applies to all manufacturers. He pointed out as an example that some of the LiIon batteries for Nikon and Canon are extremely rare as the battery factories are shutting down.

Locally (Australia), we've got Sigma and Tamron about to rise (Tamron for the second time in 6 months).

So if you can pick up a lens or other hardware cheap, do it now!