Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Got some information of Samsung NX10 from the trade show.

I heard this from a attender of the trade show in Korea.

He said NX10 was displayed with Canon 500D and Panasonic G1 (GH1??) side by side.
There was a comparison chart, but most part of the chart is hidden under papers.

He got impressed NX10 becomes fatter than the mock-up shown in PMA 09, but it is still very small - actually he felt it is the smallest one among 3 bodies.

It has best rear-display and shortest response time for user actions.

He mentioned NX10 seems to have almost equivalent AF speed to what dSLR has.

He saw 3 lenses for NX10 include a prime lens. The prime lens is very thin, and it will have faster speed than Olympus 17mm pancake lens.

Also he mentioned about the price, he understands that Samsung will set aggressively NX10 price. Since Samsung designed/developed most parts of NX10 by alone, Samsung has more room to control the price. It will be definitely less than its competitors. Even it could be unexpected price.

Samsung is very serious about new NX series now.

07-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the information. Undercutting the price of its competitors will certainly do wonders for the NX system. I'm interested to see what they come up with, though I hope they get to announcing the product soon, as the E-P1 train seems to be running away with their new-found niche segment.
07-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RedFox Quote
He saw 3 lenses for NX10 include a prime lens. The prime lens is very thin, and it will have faster speed than Olympus 17mm pancake lens.
The big question is if this prime lens would have IS or not?
Their decision to go with in-lens IS was a major disappointment for me; as this usually means IS would be reserved for zoom and tele prime, and no IS for adapter mounted lens.
07-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

So does it take a Pentax lens, or i suppose one needs an adapter first?

And will the adapters enable auto Pentax lens functions of any kind?

Nikon and Canon apparently never let previous lens designs compromise some new design, so perhaps its unrealistic that Samsung would go out of there way to enable K mount lenses.

It would be cool if it were that way, though.

07-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter

And the relevance of this to Pentax users is…???
07-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
And the relevance of this to Pentax users is…???
that one can be hopeful that Samsung would have a K mount adapter for its DSLR users who migrated.
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
that one can be hopeful that Samsung would have a K mount adapter for its DSLR users who migrated.
Doubtful.

I just read the news on a german webpage that the new NX - system has nothing to do with Pentax in the slightest sense... even the lenses are developed and produced bei "Optron-Tec Inc".. a korean company. Well, they have announced earlier that they will use "a homemade design" (I don't remember the specific words in the interview any more..) but never disclosed the company... until now.

(Original new.. in German, so beware... )
Samsungs Katzen im Sack | photoscala

There's speculation that the whole relationship between Samsung and Pentax is not the best anymore.
07-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by oliver1974 Quote
Doubtful.
I just read the news on a german webpage that the new NX - system has nothing to do with Pentax in the slightest sense... even the lenses are developed and produced bei "Optron-Tec Inc".. a korean company.
This fact is well known. But the possibility of K mount adapter is not for the benefit of Pentax users, it is mainly for its existing Samsung DSLR users

QuoteQuote:
There's speculation that the whole relationship between Samsung and Pentax is not the best anymore.
Their relationship is restricted to DSLR development only. NX type camera is outside the scope.

07-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oliver1974 Quote
Doubtful.

I just read the news on a german webpage that the new NX - system has nothing to do with Pentax in the slightest sense... even the lenses are developed and produced bei "Optron-Tec Inc".. a korean company. Well, they have announced earlier that they will use "a homemade design" (I don't remember the specific words in the interview any more..) but never disclosed the company... until now.

(Original new.. in German, so beware... )
Samsungs Katzen im Sack | photoscala

Sure but then Samsung always claimed (and still does) that Samsung K-mount lenses were designed by Schneider-Kreuznach exclusively for Samsung

In fact, it means not much.
07-22-2009, 07:11 AM   #10

Samsung should make an adopter even just to make the current Samsuung DSLR owners happy. They owe that much to the current owners.

Easier to lurk Pentax user to migrate over as well.