Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 05:28 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
SR to be activated by AF button and stay on at least as long as the metering.
Word! Do you think they don't do this already to conserve battery usage?

07-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #77

QuoteOriginally posted by happyant Quote
that is big news! sure its not just a roumer?

Sure it is not a rumor! I saw the internal official announcement on Friday, but release is delayed for the 29th. Seams like Pentax staff is not sleeping.

Anavasi
07-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #78
spe

Photos: Gallery
Don't know if such feature already was offered as an update here, but anyway, for my opinion following functionality maybe added:

- possibility to assign AF button as a button returning focus poiny to the center in manual point selection mode. actually this is my only problem with the controls of K-7 - lack of this feature
- create possibility to set SR priority or shutter priority while shooting, like it done with AF, this functionality should allow or deny (depending on the setting in menu) initiate shutter depending on status of SR. When this ON, then shutter cannot fire till sensor is stabilized, when OFF then shutter can be fired like it is now/
07-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
SR to be activated by AF button and stay on at least as long as the metering.
Yes. I asked for this, sort of, on K20D as when I'm shooting sport I keep the finger on the shutter button to keep SR on and to be ready. I sometimes press too hard and fire off a frame by accident! Grrrr. I actually asked that SR could be turned on permanently, doesn't matter that it uses battery, the battery only has to last the game.

07-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Press and hold the image (play) button to allow tweaking the LCD brightness with the front wheel. Pressing and holding the image button and the green button sets the LCD to its default.

Have focus trapping menu item deactivate the focus motor and SDM power so that focus trapping works with all lenses.

Allow SR and wireless flash to work together. If it is not possible with the pop up flash, it should be possible with an external flash in the hot shoe.

When using Raw files and lens correction, have an option to have the lens correction just write the data to the exif of the RAW, leaving the embedded jpeg alone, to speed up using the correction.

Have the option to toggle between two WB settings set by the user with the WB button. This should include the subtle WB correction for tungsten.

In shooting mode, hitting the delete button and:
  • AF button turns on focus trap
  • Green button is a custom button combination that user can set to desired use: SR for specified time set in custom menu, SR on/off, ...
  • AE-L button binds AE to focus point
  • WB button is a short cut to Manual WB
  • Mode button sets drive mode to mode specified via custom menu setting.
  • Flash button manually activates AF assist light until flash button is released
  • Custom Image button set custom image tone to B&W
  • -/+ button turns on top LCD light
  • ISO sets ISO value to user specified range, or set ISO to use selected ISO value
  • OK button switches between USER modes, yes more USER modes than one without having to put them on the dial
  • Raw button deactivates or sets Raw button to default
Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 07-26-2009 at 08:50 PM.
07-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #81
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anavasi Quote
Sure it is not a rumor! I saw the internal official announcement on Friday, but release is delayed for the 29th. Seams like Pentax staff is not sleeping.

Anavasi
Could this mean, the return of AF to movie mode?
07-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #82
Pentaxian

I think the beep is too loud, definitely louder than the K20D.
Maybe have a choice of levels for the beep?
I want to keep the beep, as when sport photoing you can't watch the indicator all the time, but just turn it down a bit.

07-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #83
Veteran Member

I just got the camera. I like the electronic level indicator, however in manual exposure mode I want that meter to show me the ambient exposure without having to go through the custom menu to cancel the electronic leveler. There has to be an option for me to be able to use the electronic leveler in all exposure modes other than manual, and then when switched to manual exposure mode it changes to be the ambient exposure meter on it's own.
07-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #84

t's Available...
Firmware Available for Download

VERSION HISTORY

Version 1.01

* Added a custom function to the K-7's Custom Function menu that affects the behavior of the 4-way controller when using user-selectable focus point adjustment. CLICK HERE for more information about this new custom function.
07-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #85
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Yes, Green Button is "zoom out", and EV. Comp is "zoom in". See page 214 of the K-7's manual.
But the issue is that it doesn't zoom out completely. Isn't fixed in FW 1.0.1 either.

QuoteOriginally posted by Slugger Quote
Could this mean, the return of AF to movie mode?
You really need AF for movie mode? I don't understand the use case - you can't control the focusing at all then (Smoothness, speed, moving objects) and I can't believe that AF video transitions are looking really good..

Would prefer some more movie controls as ISO and Aperture during recording (even if the aperture change may create artifacts). Possibly even the manual control of the shutter speed could be possible? SW-based?
07-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Well, a little late, but I'd like to post my wishlist:

1.> Manual in video mode (or at least Tv or TAv or manual ISO)
2.> 23.98fps mode
3.> 29.97fps mode
4.> 25fps mode (not for me, but I'm sure there are some people in europe who want it)
5.> Useful intervalometer (no more 99 shot limit)
6.> Perhaps a EU and non-EU firmware so we don't get screwed over by Europe's taxes on devices that record more than 30 mins of video
7.> MPEG4 AVC, or some format with better compression. (perhaps not possible with current hardware?)
8.> Tethering, even if they don't provide software to use it and just an SDK or API docs.

Yes, they're almost all related to video, but thats the only thing making me want to upgrade.
07-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
1. Make it possible to record audio clips for commenting images.
2. A Norwegian translation of the menus. (I would translate it for free if Pentax allows me.)

Last edited by Simen1; 07-31-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added a wish
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #88
Inactive Account

I can't believe so many of you want the AF button to control something else. I personally disable the auto focus on the shutter and use the AF button exclusively, simply for the purpose of focusing and re-composing without having to hold the shutter halfway down for an extened period of time. I use this both in the studio (when I have fine-tuned my focus) and in everyday shooting.
08-01-2009, 03:40 AM   #89
Veteran Member

The intervalometer could really be improved without the stupid 99 shot limit.
08-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
The intervalometer could really be improved without the stupid 99 shot limit.
I'm assuming that they put the limit on so people don't use it for timelapse videos, otherwise in a year or two Pentax would have a hell of a lot of broken shutter mechanisms to replace.

Still annoying.

As for the AF button - I have never decoupled the AF from the shutter - to me it seems that it's adding more complexity every time I need to take a picture - any time I need to take a picture *quickly* I would need to press two buttons. This is more of a problem for me than having to hold down the shutter (or switch to MF for tripod/remote work) when recomposing. Different people, different needs - this is why allowing the button to be customized would be a good addition