Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #46
Forum Member

2 second time and MLU in HDR mode.

07-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #47

Allowing the RAW button to be used as a function button would be brilliant - I would quite like a dedicated bracketing button. In fact, I am somewhat disappointed the K7 didn't come with some more customisable controls - a customisable button or two goes a long way.

I don't think disabling the grip shutter while horizontal would be that great. What's worse - to take a couple of accidental pictures, or to wonder why your camera won't take a picture and miss a great opportunity because you have tilted it or are shooting directly downward? Then again, there's no reason not to have the option.
07-15-2009, 05:43 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I found what I believe is a bug: when I press&hold the EV comp button and turn the read e-dial to change EV comp, the camera returns to "shooting mode" when I release the EV comp. button.

But if I hold the EV comp. button and press the Green Button to reset EV comp., the camera remains in "EV comp mode" when I release the buttons (just like if I had pressed and released the EV comp button alone).
07-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #49
Mik

After taking a photo, it is displayed on the LCD. On my K10D, what was shown on the LCD was sharp and appeared to be the same as the raw image if opened later in Photoshop or Lightroom. On my K-7, the image displayed on the LCD appears to be lower resolution and lossy compressed because compression artifacts are clearly visible when zooming in. It's hard for me to know whether my shots on my K-7 are sharp or not just by looking at the results on the LCD. I have to hope they're sharp and wait to look at them on my computer later to be sure.

I would like Pentax to implement a firmware option to enable the uncompressed old-style K10D viewing of photos on the camera's LCD. It may be slower but I find the K10D viewing method much more useful.

07-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #50
Veteran Member

having heard the feedback, i do feel that it can actually go much faster. 7-8fps does seem plausible.
07-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #51
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Torphoto Quote

3. allow movie mode to record with the lcd turned off ( saves batteries )

But then how would you see what you were shooting?
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make the electronic level go away automatically when switched to M-mode and display the exposure bar instead.

Electronic level should not be allowed in the M-mode.

07-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Make the electronic level go away automatically when switched to M-mode and display the exposure bar instead.

Electronic level should not be allowed in the M-mode.
At least allow some way of toggling between the level and the meter readout.
07-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fishy Quote
A minor gripe I have with the grip (on my K10D) is pressing the shutter button on it by accident. It would be so nice if the grip controls are only activated if the camera is rotated...
This would need to be yet another selectively enabled custom-menu feature. Otherwise it would get in the way if I'm lying on my side and want to use the grip's shutter button (because the camera is portrait-mode to my eye, but landscape-mode to the world).
07-20-2009, 04:37 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
This would need to be yet another selectively enabled custom-menu feature. Otherwise it would get in the way if I'm lying on my side and want to use the grip's shutter button (because the camera is portrait-mode to my eye, but landscape-mode to the world).
with my k10d + grip the grip only works when the grip's shutter is switched to on, so surely this fixes the whole problem?
07-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
with my k10d + grip the grip only works when the grip's shutter is switched to on, so surely this fixes the whole problem?
I find it to be a bit of an impediment when I am chimping during studio sessions. I use the vertical camera orientation extensively while shooting, but tend to turn the camera back to horizontal to chimp. I invariably turn off the screen by touching the vertical release shutter button at least once.
It's a small thing, but most of this wishlist is small things.
07-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I find it to be a bit of an impediment when I am chimping during studio sessions. I use the vertical camera orientation extensively while shooting, but tend to turn the camera back to horizontal to chimp. I invariably turn off the screen by touching the vertical release shutter button at least once.
It's a small thing, but most of this wishlist is small things.
Can't the Instant Review be set to disabled? I think I saw that option somewhere playing with my K-7.
07-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Can't the Instant Review be set to disabled? I think I saw that option somewhere playing with my K-7.
I have instant review off as SOP.
When I'm shooting models, I tend to be running the camera vertically about 97% of the time, and by habit when I chimp I turn the camera back to horizontal.
My method is turn camera horizontal, press the review button, accidentally touch the vertical release button with my right hand thereby turning off the review screen, turn the review screen back on, repeat as needed.

This is a really minor gripe, but it would be nice if the grip controls were disabled when the camera is horizontal as a menu option. I can't ever see myself wanting the grip controls to operate while the camera is horizontal, but others do, so it would be nice to bring that level of customization to the camera.

As an aside, and this is actually something I'd really like to be able to do is to change the operational direction of the control wheels. I always seem to turn them the wrong way to adjust shutter speed or aperture.
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #59
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I have instant review off as SOP.
When I'm shooting models, I tend to be running the camera vertically about 97% of the time, and by habit when I chimp I turn the camera back to horizontal.
My method is turn camera horizontal, press the review button, accidentally touch the vertical release button with my right hand thereby turning off the review screen, turn the review screen back on, repeat as needed.

This is a really minor gripe, but it would be nice if the grip controls were disabled when the camera is horizontal as a menu option. I can't ever see myself wanting the grip controls to operate while the camera is horizontal, but others do, so it would be nice to bring that level of customization to the camera.

As an aside, and this is actually something I'd really like to be able to do is to change the operational direction of the control wheels. I always seem to turn them the wrong way to adjust shutter speed or aperture.
Both suggestion seem pretty reasonable IMO, as long as those are only available as option (hopefuly) .
07-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #60
Inactive Account

Shortcut to set AWB:

press WB + green button

This would be consistent with setting Auto-ISO (press ISO + green)