Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #61

The status screen should not be on by default. There should be the following sequence for displaying it:

Status screen OFF --> INFO button press --> Status screen ON --> INFO button press --> Control Panel --> INFO button press --> Status screen OFF

This is a semi-pro camera, you don't need the status screen always on because you have the top LCD for quickly reviewing settings. Plus, if the status screen default is off the battery is preserved, will last longer, and there is less head disipated by the main LCD.

PS: I work as a test automation engineer and, trust me, i know what i'm talking about when it comes to change or enhancement requests

Last edited by minator; 07-21-2009 at 11:39 PM.
07-22-2009, 02:09 AM   #62

Why not a grid respecting the rule of thirds on the LCD screen in liveview and in video mode? I really don't understand what that 4*4 grid means...
07-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #63

Manual movie mode!

My wishlist goes for movie mode:
Manual ISO and Shutter speed PLEASE! Aperture is surely good, but not enough!!!

I know, this is not a video camera...but there are many people like me, that will be using the k-7 for video- not for shooting kids and dogs...but professionaly.
07-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #64
Nubi

not a firmware update, but I want the buttons to glow in the dark.

07-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
not a firmware update, but I want the buttons to glow in the dark.
Are you old enough to remember those Russian watches from the early 60s that had so much radium in them that the insides of the watches got fused?
I don't know why I thought of that.
07-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #66
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NunoBarbosa Quote
My wishlist goes for movie mode:
Manual ISO and Shutter speed PLEASE! Aperture is surely good, but not enough!!!

I know, this is not a video camera...but there are many people like me, that will be using the k-7 for video- not for shooting kids and dogs...but professionaly.
Yes please - this was so far my biggest video drawback - the noise at low light recordings. It makes me a bit jealious when seeing such G1 night shot samples:
YouTube - Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 1080p HD compilation

Another "bug" in the K-7: In playback mode you could automatically zoom out to fit the screen using the EV button. With the K-7 it's the green button. But it actually doesn't work the intended way - it only zooms out to some steps before fitting the screen. I mean it's a small thing but annoying when being used for previewing shots this (fast) way.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfier Quote
Hiding the SR switch is a good thing, though, because it's prone to breaking in the K10/20 bodies, and its automatic SR-off actually makes sense. ...
I found the K10 SR switch very solid made and can't imagine how to break that one..?
07-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davidt Quote
Another "bug" in the K-7: In playback mode you could automatically zoom out to fit the screen using the EV button. With the K-7 it's the green button. But it actually doesn't work the intended way - it only zooms out to some steps before fitting the screen. I mean it's a small thing but annoying when being used for previewing shots this (fast) way.
Try "Ok" instead.

07-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #68

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony.M Quote
Why not a grid respecting the rule of thirds on the LCD screen in liveview and in video mode? I really don't understand what that 4*4 grid means...
I second that. Should be one of the easiest changes to make.
07-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #69
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
Try "Ok" instead.
Oh, thanks a lot! Works like a charm..
And what about the green button - is it inteded the current way and if yes -why-?
07-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1) Probably already mentioned but it would be nice if the raw button could be used in conjunction with:
- the rear dial to select one of the 3 possible options (raw, raw+, jpeg)
- the green button to revert to default.

2) More use of the dials in general and the green button for setting the defaults, for example:
When choosing WB, you go through the possible options with the front dial and get back to AWB with the green button.
Same for drive mode or flash mode.

3) When in focus selection points mode use the green button to set the focus point to center.
But I'm not sure on this one, it could affect other functions.
07-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davidt Quote
And what about the green button - is it inteded the current way and if yes -why-?
Yes, Green Button is "zoom out", and EV. Comp is "zoom in". See page 214 of the K-7's manual.
07-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #72

Deleting a photo by clicking the trash button a second time, rather than having to go through the confirmation dialogue
07-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #73

I have been told by a very reliable source that a new firmware will be available on July 29. Two issues faced, concerning AF tracking. Look at Pentax Japan site on this day!

Cheers, Anavasi
07-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #74
Forum Member

that is big news! sure its not just a roumer?
07-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #75
Veteran Member

SR to be activated by AF button and stay on at least as long as the metering.