Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
I don't think this is funny one bit. Somewhere a parent is missing their baby K7 and K20d. And you went and put them in an oven. Nice going, Hansel and/or Gretel. You kill some poor innocent wolf while you're at it?!?

The camera children! The camera children! Won't someone think about the camera children?!?!?

Where is the outrage? Where is Al Sharpton? Or Al Bundy? Or Senator Al Franken? Or maybe Frankenstein? Where I ask, where?!?

sedagive?!?!?

I heard that Obama approved of it because he is a Canon user.

07-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
HUH? I don't get the sarcasm. What is the point of this?
Hey! This is very important info for us volcanologists!!
07-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #18
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Graham67 Quote
Last night I put my old K20D and my new K7 through their paces in a head to head test.

After 5 hours in the oven on gas mark 9 (450f/250c) neither of them work at all. I'm not an expert in plastics deformation, so I can't accurately assess which has frazzled worst. They both definitely look as though they have been in an oven on a high temperature for several hours, however.

This suggests that the K7 does not have better high temperature oven baking withstanding capabilities than the K20D, but with the limited sample size I don't think we can be conclusive.

If other users could repeat the test, and post their results on the forum, we could reach a firmer conclusion. Data resulting from variations in both oven temperature and baking time would be particularly welcome. If clear trends emerge, perhaps the thread could be made a sticky.
Graham,

So glad you did heat test, right now I'm smashing a K-7 , a K20D and a K220D to see which plastic and metal parts disintegrate into the smallest pieces, from that I can derive if manufacturing techniques were up to code.

I'll report back if the hammer breaks :-)

wll
07-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please include EXIF of both cameras with results of your smashing.

Don't forget to use the same lens on both to do this properly. A Bigma would make a good handle to swing them with.

I wonder if Peter is still reading and if he hates us?

07-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I was only amused to a certain degree... about 250c.

Any microwave comparisons?

Neil
07-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
wll
Veteran Member

#@##&*^%$%%%% I just smashed my thumb !

wll
07-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
I wonder if Peter is still reading and if he hates us?
You bet...he's watching any hope of PF getting the next model test cameras go up in smoke and smashed to bits.
07-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry I'm late returning to the thread. I was just on the roof of the apartment building.
Newton was right. We have gravity here on Earth. I can safely report that due to greater weight, the K20D travelled 26 stories a little quicker and stopped about 3 seconds sooner. Also that despite some excellent engineering, neither camera can fly, unless you consider straight down, flying....

07-13-2009, 12:17 AM   #24
Veteran Member

hahaha..good sence of humor!!
07-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nobody asked, "Which one tasted better?"

That is the important question. Geez, you people don't get it, with these "Half Baked" notions about "Hot Pixels" (the name of my ex-girlfriend).

The only way to know which is better is to taste it. I think cooking the two camera's was a brilliant idea. I sprinkled some grated Gouda cheese with a touch of Blue cheese for some really RAW bite and left them in the oven for around 35 minutes at 220° Centigrade. Absolutely delicious.

I have included an image, to illustrate how your "Mixed K7-K20 Soufflé" should look.

Good Eatin'

PS...The K7 is on the Left and the K20D is on the Right.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E4800  Photo 
07-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #26
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

"Hot Pixels" eh? I could have some fun with that one but then the other mods might have to suspend me....
07-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I heard that Obama approved of it because he is a Canon user.
I'm not suprised. Apparently Rush Limbaugh says he's also responsible for Mark Sanford flying to Argentinat to cheat on his wife on Father's Day too!

The have an audio link the thriced divorced pill popping paragon of family values rambling on here. Hilariuos.:

Limbaugh On The Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault! | TPMDC

On a side note, cleaning out the closet this weekend I found a Olympus Pen 90-50mm F3.5. I gave my Pen to a friend a couple of years ago and thought I'd lost the lens. If anyone wants it just email me. Free, just pay the postage. The aperture blades are stuck though.
07-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Sorry I'm late returning to the thread. I was just on the roof of the apartment building.
Newton was right. We have gravity here on Earth. I can safely report that due to greater weight, the K20D travelled 26 stories a little quicker and stopped about 3 seconds sooner. Also that despite some excellent engineering, neither camera can fly, unless you consider straight down, flying....
Now that is some very interesting results there.
I can think of only 2 interpretations.
Either K20 has stronger AR or higher GA...

AR: Air Resistance
GA: Gravity Acceleration

Have you done any comparison tests with D90?

thanks for the info
07-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #29
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

We tried the D90 but the results we not conclusive. We'll have to get a few others to see if the sample copy was bad. Somewhere between the 20th and 18th floor and reaching near peak acceleration the body imploded resulting in a large explosion. Sorta looked like this only going down. There were no casualties in the incident.

We did notice what appeared to be trembling coming from the D90 body just before release and can't conclusively pinpoint the origin. Was it something internal or was it an external factor.
07-13-2009, 07:23 AM   #30
Veteran Member

No Pentaxians were harmed or injured with previous testing procedures.