Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Neither GX30 nor any other NX camera except NX10 in this year

I heard from "him" that there will be no GX30 and any other NX camera except NX10 in this year.

Also, he said WB700 is just a rumor, not real.
However, Samsung is preparing "NEW" compact camera which is very "interesting and special" one. It will be released on August. Again, it is not WB700.

NX10 will hit the market on November. It is the plan for now.

07-12-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's rumors too...
07-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's rumors too...
Didn't Xian SAY that the GX-30 was to be announced?

The only problem is when....
07-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Soon or late.... LOL.

07-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #5

Original Poster
The *NEW* compact camera is not a WB series camera, but a camera which has a totally new concept . Did I mentioned it will be "very interesting and special"? Samsung is considering it as a new start of "New Concept" camera lineup which continues to NX series.

Year 2009 will be a milestone to Samsung Imaging. Samsung is not pushing out cameras for just following competitors' steps, but is planning bigger picture to reorganize Digital Camera Market itself.

NX is not an end point. Yes, surely, NX is a very important project to Samsung. But it is a part of the Big Plan which Samsung is trying to make success.

If you see a new compact camera will be available on August and think it is interesting and special enough, recall what I comment today and consider it as a new begin of Samsung Camera Concept.

Hang tight, it is not far from the corner. ;-)

Last edited by RedFox; 07-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.
07-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #6

When I heard about "Samsung Official Presentation" with "Executive Invitation Card" on July 7th I tried to find out and I got it:
-NX3
-GX30
-HZ30W (WB700 in Europe)

Now I know the NX3 is NX10, but I know nothing about GX30 and P&S yet.
There are many rumors on the web about GX30, but the onlyone I know is Samsung is working in a fullframe sensor.
About P&S I heard Samsung would have a new small (1/8") cmos sensor for this.

I am waiting too for more information...
07-14-2009, 06:08 AM   #7

I read a comment related with this thread.

Below is the source web page.

SLR?? Samsung ??????

It is Korean Web Site. I will translate what I read.

-------
I went to the exhibition today.

I heard from Samsung Imaging representative today that NX-10 will be available to customers on November. NX-10 displayed on July 7 is pre-production model and is not completed one.
It has VGA level EVF. The rear display quality is really good and it seems to have more than 920K pixels (AMOLED?).

There was a 24x zoom high-end camera (WB5000) in the exhibition.

Also, He mentioned new compact camera that RedFox described in this thread. It will be a camera could exist in your imagination. He said it is a camera might be seen in SF movies. It is totally different from existing compact digital cameras. He said it has 2 parts while normal compact cameras usually have only 1, but he didn't say no more what it is. (Obviously it is classified.)

NX and new digital camera will be announced around August.

Also, Samsung is working on successor of GX-20.

Last edited by Rocky; 07-14-2009 at 06:24 AM.
07-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Nice Ad Copy

Do you work for them? Maybe we need to start noting in our signatures what our interests in various companies are.

QuoteOriginally posted by RedFox Quote
The *NEW* compact camera is not a WB series camera, but a camera which has a totally new concept . Did I mentioned it will be "very interesting and special"? Samsung is considering it as a new start of "New Concept" camera lineup which continues to NX series.

Year 2009 will be a milestone to Samsung Imaging. Samsung is not pushing out cameras for just following competitors' steps, but is planning bigger picture to reorganize Digital Camera Market itself.

NX is not an end point. Yes, surely, NX is a very important project to Samsung. But it is a part of the Big Plan which Samsung is trying to make success.

If you see a new compact camera will be available on August and think it is interesting and special enough, recall what I comment today and consider it as a new begin of Samsung Camera Concept.

Hang tight, it is not far from the corner. ;-)

08-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
emr

According to photoscala.de (Google translation), Samsung NX will not come in 2009 but 2010.

Google Translate

Original article in German:

Samsungs NX-System kommt - aber später | photoscala
08-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Interesting.
When you say two parts i see body and lens .
Weird concept for compact.

Science fiction movies you say....holographics displays flash in my mind (the one with princess from star wars mumbling about obi) - stereo/3d camera maybe - 2 parts 2 lenses for stereoscopic imaging.
How would you view such thing? You'd need a whole new infrastructure to make it usable and viewable in a not very painfull way (like 3d glasses or croseyeing).

2 EVF's? There have been various stereo adaptors and concepts in the past, none of them catched up or got widespread use, because you cannot hang it at the wall or make a poster from it. Can samsung make matching and affordable home colour holographic printer ?
Well they have done something in this direction:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1239184512
http://www.techpin.com/multi-layer-displays/
But note the dates..
Or is it simple two useless lcd's:
http://www.1001noisycameras.com/2009/08/new-samsung-compact-digital-camers-h...lays-each.html

Sick thoughts .... .

Last edited by ytterbium; 08-17-2009 at 11:42 AM.
08-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
Interesting.
When you say two parts i see body and lens .
Weird concept for compact.

Science fiction movies you say....holographics displays flash in my mind (the one with princess from star wars mumbling about obi)
You know, when I saw this I thought the same thing:
Projector

Hasn`t really got the appeal of R2 though....... But pretty cool all the same. There are some interesting concepts coming out of the compact area at the moment.

Like this as well:
Stereocam
And this:
Folding Optics

Refreshing that the megapixel wars seem to have ended. Hopefully Samsung/Pentax can step up to the plate.