09-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #151

Photos: Gallery
Upgraded K-x 2B a K300D ! :)

Take the K-x, add.

- Pentaprism.

- Weather sealing.

- Top LCD.

- Slightly better FOV

Call it a K300D and I'd certainly buy one!

As for popularity, hey I still know people searching for old stock of K200D's to buy in preference to the K-m!

.-.-.

09-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vk4akp Quote
Take the K-x, add.

- Pentaprism.

- Weather sealing.

- Top LCD.

- Slightly better FOV

Call it a K300D and I'd certainly buy one!

As for popularity, hey I still know people searching for old stock of K200D's to buy in preference to the K-m!

.-.-.
Nobody else would. That's the exact point I'm trying to make here.
09-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #153
Veteran Member

How many people? Something tells me it's not even close to the amount that preordered a k-x yesterday.
09-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #154
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentaprism, no costs too much. They did it for the DS? Yes and the DS was not supposed to be a low-end market segment camera. Things changed, we aren't 4 years ago. Same with TTL. It won't come. As sad as it can be, you're all losing time asking and hoping for it. Not even sure the 645D will have TTL.

As for K200D, yes, 20% people have in K200D on this forum which is not AT ALL, representative of the typical buyer.
No it didn't sell well. If K10D was out of the shop for months it may have. This is product and warehouse stock problem. They goofed.

09-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree. For many enthusiasts on this forum it would be great if Pentax would take the features of K-x and put them into weathersealed black K200D body. Even without the video, right? I'd love that.
But it won't happen IMHO. But still the choice between K-m and K-7 is not bad at all. Personally I'm comfortable staying with the K10D few months more and saving for the K-7. I believe it's great camera. And it is not more expensive than *istDS was when it used to be new (at least here in Czech republic).

Old times won't come back - Canon will also hardly make as good camera as the original EOS 1D again...
09-20-2009, 05:25 AM   #156
rm2

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
And it is not more expensive than *istDS was when it used to be new (at least here in Czech republic).

Yes, I know, but the economy was a bit better too back then.
09-20-2009, 06:21 AM   #157
Inactive Account

It will be interesting to see how thoughts on this topic change as the performance of the K-X is better understood. I think part of the issue is the speculation that the K-x will be as good or better than the K-7 in terms of IQ and high ISO performance.

I think most people want better IQ in addition to the extra features if they spend the extra money for the K-7. And the high hopes for the new sensor are a big part of what makes people want a model in between to get the K-x sensor with some of the K-7 features. The model wouldn't have to be use KxxxD naming if there is concern with it being associated with a "commercial disaster". I'm not saying there is room for this, just that it seems to be something a lot of people around here would like.

If the new sensor doesn't compare so favorably to the K-7 in the end all this will change, but then we have other issues
09-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #158
Pentaxian

We can't always get the bet sensor in the highest end body.
It doesn't work like that (it may be better but is isn't), even used (still does?) to introduce new sensor in lower end body and move them up later.

09-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #159
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Pentaprism, no costs too much. They did it for the DS? Yes and the DS was not supposed to be a low-end market segment camera. Things changed, we aren't 4 years ago. Same with TTL. It won't come. As sad as it can be, you're all losing time asking and hoping for it. Not even sure the 645D will have TTL.

As for K200D, yes, 20% people have in K200D on this forum which is not AT ALL, representative of the typical buyer.
No it didn't sell well. If K10D was out of the shop for months it may have. This is product and warehouse stock problem. They goofed.
I don't expect to see ttl back. My point was that it was a very good feature for some of us. Enough so I wish I could stuff the sensor of a K200d into the DS for macro work. My point also was that saying the K200d and K20d were failures is not an accurate assessment either. If nothing else, these 2 bodies kept Pentax in the ball game for over a year and a half. As a matter of fact, if those 2 bodies hadn't came along, I was withing days of buying a Nikon.
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #160
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I don't expect to see ttl back. My point was that it was a very good feature for some of us. Enough so I wish I could stuff the sensor of a K200d into the DS for macro work. My point also was that saying the K200d and K20d were failures is not an accurate assessment either. If nothing else, these 2 bodies kept Pentax in the ball game for over a year and a half. As a matter of fact, if those 2 bodies hadn't came along, I was withing days of buying a Nikon.

Yep, understood what you mean, I should probably write it in some other way:
the K200D was a commercial failure. That is. Otherwise I agree with you, not necessarily on the features of different cameras, this is personal IMO but I understand well that istDS and K200D were a mix of feature which were good to some users, you included .
09-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #161
Inactive Account

K-x is confirmed as K-m/K2000 replacement

QuoteOriginally posted by JamieP Quote
Good suggestion. I have emailed them and will let everyone know if I hear anything back.
I heard back: K-x is confirmed as K-m/K2000 replacement.

I started a new thread since this topic is being debated throughout the site: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/74173-confirmation-pen...placement.html