Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fry's in Oxnard, CA also has the K2000 and K-7. Finally got to hold both of them.

08-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perfect! I work about twenty minutes away from Fry's Burbank and will be in Camarillo on Saturday. Looks like I'll be making my weekly trip to one of those Fry's. Guess I should be thankful that they don't take AMEX credit cards.
08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cwhans Quote
Fry's in Oxnard, CA also has the K2000 and K-7. Finally got to hold both of them.
Really? Cool...I am in Lompoc and can take a run down there sometime in the next few weeks to see how it feels to me. thanks!!
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #19

Fry's Electronic Downer Grove, IL - INSTOCK

I was just at the Fry's in Downer's Grove IL and they have the K7 in stock. There is no lens and no battery but if you want to get a feel for it they have it.

Kyle

08-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #20
Site Supporter

According to the latest Frys ad in the Chronicle, Houston-area stores now carry the K-7.

Jer
08-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I might see it as Amazon being A distributor for Pentax, but THE Pentax distributor is nonsensical.

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
As I have been told here on PF, Amazon is now the US Pentax distributor.
08-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #22

I can confirm that the Fry's in Webster TX. has had the K-7 on Display since last Thursday, (been checking every couple days since I live less than a mile away.) Although I don't know if it's in stock due to a lack of salespeople in the camera area.
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RLNagle Quote
I can confirm that the Fry's in Webster TX. has had the K-7 on Display since last Thursday, (been checking every couple days since I live less than a mile away.) Although I don't know if it's in stock due to a lack of salespeople in the camera area.
Great - thanks for the info. I can check one out next time I drive up to my boat in Kemah.

Jer

08-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I can confirm that the Fry's North Houston has the K-7 along with the whole line op of recently released cameras including the X-70, optio W-60, and K-2000. Of the group the K-7 was not on display althought there was a place card for one. They did have them in stock. Nice sales person pulled one out for me to fondle. I'm in love. It feels good. Does anyone have $1300 I could borrow ?
08-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
With Fry's, like most category killer stores, you could purchase, bring it home and if it doesnt perform, you can take it back to get a replacement or refund...putting your lenses on at the store wont tell you much since you'd be chimping through the viewfinder.

Jason
What if you accidentally scratch it up????
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Oh yeah, they had no lenses just the cameras.
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
What if you accidentally scratch it up????
Not the customer's fault...anytime you see the "if you break it your bought it..." signs...not true. By putting stuff on display or allowing a customer to view the exact item they are considering purchasing, the merchant assumes 99.9% of the risk. The only time a consumer might have to pay is if the willfully smash the item on the floor. And they best have tape and non-employee eye witnesses to prove it.

I used to sell at antique shows all over the US and, well, it's a common misconception that the customer can be forced to pay. I have found almost all want to pay...I would tell them it's OK and my problem but most still wanted to pay, so I would sell it at cost or a very good price as I could.

Anyway, just thought I would pass along that tidbit...btw, that is one reason why many shops do not want to allow people to mount a lens, flash, whatever...also if the device harms your gear, people will try to sue the shop in small claims court for faulty gear. Pretty sad really...
08-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
Oh yeah, they had no lenses just the cameras.
Wierd. Thanks for the info, Wayne. When I go by Frys, I'll bring a lens and try to talk them into letting me mount it on the camera - assuming they've got one with a battery in it!

Jer