Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote

BTW, what is up with the Pentax USA...either use is being tracked via some 3rd party metrics gathering company or some sort of unsafe scripting is going on, or the info is incomplete as many of the tabs or links on the site fail to provide anything other than an error for ANY of the browsers on my system...Opera, IE8(Compatibility or regular mode), FF3.x, Chrome vwhatever-the-heck-it-is...
Don't think you need to get entirely paranoid regarding tracking, from a quick glance it appears they're using Google Analytics like countless other sites do.

08-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Outsourcing In France and in Germany where I live resulted in a total mess, warranties are no longer respected or honoured. A growing number of customers aren't happy at all.
And since the gear has issues (focussing problems, green line on K7...) it is all the more worrying to see a good repair service go....
08-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #48
Veteran Member

What about PPS?

Humm guess I gotta call my PPS rep to see how this will work out now. Hope the cost don't increase like the lenses did overnight
08-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #49

Brendon...JC from Pentax told me that it won't change for us. Keep our fingers crossed.

08-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Don't think you need to get entirely paranoid regarding tracking, from a quick glance it appears they're using Google Analytics like countless other sites do.
nope....those sites don't run either...they are also using doubleclick, which, until aquired my MS, was included in the MS MVP maintained HOSTS file.

There are perfectly reasonable ways to track metrics on their own server w/o either loading iframes from some 3rd party site or cross scripting...

btw, I run w/o any AV software and never have needed it because of the level of security I use on my networks.
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CaymanImaging Quote
Brendon...JC from Pentax told me that it won't change for us. Keep our fingers crossed.
Yeah, still will shoot our rep a email though about all of it. Esp if their is a change of address to send to.

I'm not worried so much about the place they chose for repair, I know who JC is talking about, hes actually an old friend of mine, very good people, just I have no clue on price/time differences. Also many of us PPS and regular members would often get some things done with no charge (small things etc, the tech were just being nice with out even asking, Always was a suprise) I wonder if they will continue or charge for every screw and cleaning wipe they use to fix our stuff.
02-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Good to know, Thanks

Good to know, Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
Since I manage Product Marketing and Support for Pentax, I feel like I am in the best position to address this transition.

First, Pentax has outsourced our Repair Service for about eight years now.

We looked at our current repair processes and the cost involved and elected to make a change in service providers. The transition will allow us to provide a high level of service in a more cost effective manner.

As far as the service provider, CRIS has been a trusted Pentax Authorized Warranty Service center for a number of years. They have participated in every repair training seminar that our previous service provider had, so the level of repair skill is equivalent.

Additionally, CRIS has a "A" ranking with the Better Business Bureau. This is extremely difficult to attain unless you offer the best possible service.

CRIS also agreed to maintain the same repair pricing as Pentax previously had. There is no change in costs to have a camera repaired.

Finally, the person at CRIS responsible for Pentax is a former Pentax employee. He worked for a number of years in the Pentax Customer Service Department and also was a Product Manager for Pentax during the *ist years. He is passionate about Pentax and about offering the best level of service.

We are very excited about this transition and feel it will allow Pentax to provide a higher level of service to Pentaxians in the U.S.

02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #53
Inactive Account

Sent my DA*50-135 off to CRIS, SDM going to sleep (wow), called the Pentax repair center to track the progress, Randy was extremely helpful, full repair under warranty took less than 3 weeks from the time I sent it off to getting it back, they replaced the motor and now she works like a charm.
02-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #54
Veteran Member

excerpt from my chat conversation with pentax....

Mitchel Bowen: this is a new repair department right?

Name of Pentax Guy: we switched back in august
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The outsourcing transition has already been made in Germany.

As a result, the state of Pentax service in Germany is in a complete mess right now. Up to a point where Hoya!! management in Japan started to reply and apologize to complaints sent by some members of German forum DFN ...
Put my name on the complaints list for Germany, too…

Ben
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Pentax in Germany also outsourced the repair business to an independent 3rd party (the same company that does already the repair and service jobs for CANON!). I'll find out about their service level quite soon, I've just shipped my K200 for an estimate after I damaged it - a concrete flooe is still more solid than a Pentax
Regards
Norbert
If Maerz, that's the company name, is as fast and responsive as they were with my repair, than you'll have a long, quite period, without the need for taking photographs with your K200. They lost three faxes from me and always gave the same useless answers on the phone up to the point of being rude.

I really look back to the old Pentax inhouse repair service, which was great. Fast, cheap and the people were knowledgeable and friendly.

Ben
02-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CRIS turned my K20D warranty repair around in three weeks, good performance in my book given the volume that they deal with.
02-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #58
Veteran Member

I sent my DA*16-50mm to CRIS and had it back in less than three weeks. It was alot faster turn around than when they were fixing things in Colorado. The repair only took a few days. It spent more time in shipping back and forth then it took to repair.
02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
If Maerz, that's the company name, is as fast and responsive as they were with my repair, than you'll have a long, quite period, without the need for taking photographs with your K200. They lost three faxes from me and always gave the same useless answers on the phone up to the point of being rude.

I really look back to the old Pentax inhouse repair service, which was great. Fast, cheap and the people were knowledgeable and friendly.

Ben
No reason to complain about the service from my side (other than that I was so stupid to drop my camera). I received an estimate for the repair within one week. As I found a good deal for a used K200 with low shutter count I did not go for the repair though.