Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax K-7 now supported by Bibble's latest preview of Bibble 5

The title pretty much says it all. If you're waiting for K-7 support in The bibble preview it's up now

08-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
OT: Tried Bibble because a friend recommended it. Soon after I imported my collection of pics in it I opted for complete removal. They're advertising that it is way faster than any other picture editing program and just works better. That's not an experience I had ... hell, even LightRoom works faster for me and we all know it's sluggish.

Sure on a 8-core processor with 8 gigs of ram and SSD RAID it flies ... but so do other programs.

Sorry for being off topic but I had to let it out.

It's good they're supporting Pentax and the open source community maybe one day I'll be forced to use it.
08-17-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
Gus
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote

Sure on a 8-core processor with 8 gigs of ram and SSD RAID it flies ... but so do other programs.
Actually you'll find that currently not many programs, Lightroom included, can take full advantage of 4 cores, let alone 8. Perhaps this is where Bibble is able to shine, using higher multi-threading efficiency?
08-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Actually take any Core2Duo processor available right now (mobile or desktop) and you'll quickly find out that the bottleneck is the hard disk drive and not the processor(s). Even some SSDs have problems with input/output speeds ... the processors are doing just fine ATM.

I was just exaggerating.