Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
For me the giveaway that this was a farce was the inclusion of Samsung in the mix. Pentax doesn't need Samsung approval to use the sensor in other camera and I doubt they (S) would work with both Ricoh and Pentax in a project whilst working solo for the NX.

Fact is I think Ricoh and Pentax are a match for a premium compact camera (or more) and I hope they could start a collaboration soon.

Radu
Actually I think they would be happy to find another customer for their sensor as it offsets development and production costs, plus its a separate division anyway (ref Sony and Nikon).

If Samsung/Pentax/Ricoh define a lens mount which they can share for which there is a long precedent) then we have a very interesting system and a lot of contributors sharing the cost. Ricoh already have a very neat EVF attachment as well.

Ricoh can work with Pentax on the premium sector version. Samsung can work on the consumer version. Lots of components can be shared and everyone wins. Car companies do this all the time even with major competitors (GM and Fiat for instance).

IF (and I dont believe this rumour is 100% accurate but there may be talks) this is true then I would expect to see a Pentax version at some point with a unique body but common internals.

Of course you CAN convert retrofocus lenses but its much easier to design from scratch and the wideangle lenses would be very much thinner and smaller. 15mm would however be 22mm on APS, wider than Ricohs favoured wideangle 28mm standard on the GRD. Better to come out with a 19mm version.

Better though - imagine a GRD with APS sensor and the following limited edition metal lenses

11mm F4
22mm F3.2
33mm F1.8
55mm F1.8
77mm F2.8
99mm F4 macro
133mm F4

Camera collectors wet dream.

08-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
Better though - imagine a GRD with APS sensor and the following limited edition metal lenses

11mm F4
22mm F3.2
33mm F1.8
55mm F1.8
77mm F2.8
99mm F4 macro
133mm F4

Camera collectors wet dream.
I agree.

The more I look at that picture of the camera the more I think it's a photosopped one.

One thing for sure: the Gx100 would be a perfect base for any improvement.

Andras
08-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by planedriver Quote
I agree.

The more I look at that picture of the camera the more I think it's a photosopped one.

One thing for sure: the Gx100 would be a perfect base for any improvement.

Andras
I totally agree. I can overlook the high ISO performance because I love the low ISO performance and handling so much. Ricoh service is also second to none! If it could replicate the noise performance of an SLR I would be very happy indeed.
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am a fan of Ricoh, and this would be awesome. But this looks like a total photochop. They just came out with the GRD3, and they also are losing money hand over fist. Hard to believe they are going to come out with a new format camera.

08-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well he did say that the image is photoshopped in his post.
"以上純屬想像與虛構,本畫面是我以photoshop合成修圖處理,請不用認真看待,如果您認真了,那Ö真的很抱歉!

以上はまさしく想像してでっち上げて、當畫面は私がphotoshopで合成しました。ご迷惑をお掛けしまして申し訳ございません。

The picture has been made by photoshop and itís not real, but I do hope this one can be true someday."

The text are in light grey so maybe you guys missed it.

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
I totally agree. I can overlook the high ISO performance because I love the low ISO performance and handling so much. Ricoh service is also second to none! If it could replicate the noise performance of an SLR I would be very happy indeed.