Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #46
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Samsung doesn't make SLR lenses. They certainly won't start with a 85/1.4, a 60 Macro and a 300/2.8! With Samsungs marketshare they would sell minuscule numbers of these lenses. All Samsung DSLR lenses are made by Pentax. Less than six months ago Samsung said that their cooperation in DSLR's are still with Pentax. These lenses are Pentax lenses until proven otherwise! Conceivably, Samsung could get someone else like Cosina to make an 85/1.4 for them but hardly anyone I can think of have 300/2.8 lying around (except Pentax)....
Probably true, and I'm not arguing you are not right.
But at certain point Schneider could start doing lenses again, but I know that's more of a dream than reality.
And for the record, I haven't said Samsung is/was making DSLR lenses. I'm fully aware that all D Xenon lenses are rebadged Pentax. But They have been using S-K name extensiveli on their lenses, and I think THAT company definitely has the money, expertise and quality to do SLR lenses. Question is what is the tie between Samsung and Schneider. If it's only the case of former using the name of the latter then it's a lost case...
Anyway, all I wanted to say was, it would be sweet to see those companies behind K mount...

BR
Peter

08-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #47
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Anyway, all I wanted to say was, it would be sweet to see those companies behind K mount...

I will echo this.
08-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My bad.

Comparing the pictures to my K10D with a 85 1.4 mounted, it seems the front element of the lens in the picture is not quite as large as I would expect.

I would be quite interested if someone used the images to estimate front element diameter. I would do it but I have no internet access other than on my phone.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
An 85/1.4 made for APS will have exactly the same dimension as one for 35mm FF. It looks like a 85/1.4 lens to me judging from the front lens diametre.
08-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #49
Inactive Account

Actualy, Cass is a real Korean beer brand:

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Just a funny thought,

[conspiracy theory]
has anybody noticed that while the first photo isn't focused on the camera or the lens, it is focused on the beer(?) bottle and the partial view of its label reads "ass"? Now that would be a great prank, wouldn't it?
[/conspiracy theory]

(And so people won't think I'm dead serious about this...)

08-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #50
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by BRunner Quote
Actualy, Cass is a real Korean beer brand...
Never expected anything other. It's just that the framing was a bit funny.