Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
Lenses have to come first I guess... Who knows. I can obviously tell that camera is a GX-20/GX-10.
its rather easy to tell simply by the grip, much less the body. but its the lens that's interesting, not the body!

08-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
its rather easy to tell simply by the grip, much less the body. but its the lens that's interesting, not the body!
We really can't tell if it is authentic or not. Plus, prototypes are always being made and never being released. Prime example: MZ-D.
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
well from what I could understand the camera in the pic is GX-20 ...
not new model
You are correct. The guy who post the thread mentioned the picture is taken by GX-20 with the lens.
08-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #19

The Coating is blue/green much like Nikon's. From what I've seen of the Samyang's their coating is more yellow like Canon's. As a Nikon crossover to Pentax, I hope Samsung goes with the blue/green coating. Blue/Green offers better color to my eyes.

Anyways, I hope this lens (and hopefully more FF Samsung lenses) precludes a FF Samsung or Pentax K Mount DSLR shortly!

A K mount FF DSLR for less than $2,000 with excellent low light capabilities and low noise all around is what I want my next camera to be.

Sony is working on a low price FF DSLR but the Sony 24 million megapixel chip is a dog, it's way too noisy at average speeds and gets worse as you go beyond 800 ISO. I have a friend that has one and am really underwhelmed by it. Supposedly Sony is using this same chip in their next round of FF DSLRs. No thanks.

I'll gladly wait for the Samsung/Pentax FF DSLR!

08-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
Sony is working on a low price FF DSLR but the Sony 24 million megapixel chip is a dog,
Yeah, ask Nikon...
08-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #21
Pentaxian

How did you possibly get the pics on here? Everytime I right clicked it, it would give me some Korean message.

If you compare the 85mm f/1.4 to the Samsung kit it's pretty obvious this is a Samsung developed lens. Both feature the blue ring and the big block (although the rez isn't high enough to tell what it says)
You mean, Samsung branded. All current Samsung lenses are Pentax rebadged; yet marketed as Samsung.
Which means, we can't conclude anything although... I'd like that to be true, clearly.
08-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #22
nmd
Inactive Account

Anyway, it genuinely seems to be a newly developped lens... whether it's a Samsung rebranding of a Pentax, or a genuine Samsung design, it's good news.

Even better news would be a genuine Schneider-Kreuznach design, exclusively made for the K mount and co-branded with Samsung (similar to what Zeiss is doing with Sony).

08-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #23

Although releasing an 85mm as the first FF lens from Samsung is kinda odd.
Unless, of course, they're bypassing FF altogether. An 85mm would be just about "normal" on medium format, so obviously they are making an SLR with a MF sensor inside.

Oh, and a kitten dispenser.
08-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You mean, Samsung branded. All current Samsung lenses are Pentax rebadged; yet marketed as Samsung.
Which means, we can't conclude anything although... I'd like that to be true, clearly.
And all the current Samsung lenses leaves the Pentax factory as Schneider../Samsung branded lenses with that blue line design etc.

There are some options:
-Pentax built this, in which case it is likely to appear Pentax branded as well.
-Samsung have actually started to develop their own DSLR lenses, perhaps as a spinn-off from making lenses for the NX.
-They made a similar agreement as with Pentax/Schneider... (in this case Pentax designed and built the lenses and Schneider sold their name), perhaps Samyang...
-It's fake!

QuoteOriginally posted by nmd Quote
Anyway, it genuinely seems to be a newly developped lens... whether it's a Samsung rebranding of a Pentax, or a genuine Samsung design, it's good news.

Even better news would be a genuine Schneider-Kreuznach design, exclusively made for the K mount and co-branded with Samsung (similar to what Zeiss is doing with Sony).
That I think is much less likely than a genuin Samsung design or that they baught rebadged Samyangs. Schneider has not made SLR lenses for ages.

It's interresting anyway. I never believed in the rumor that Samsung would go FF without Pentax, but who knows...

...would be fun to see peoples long faces if this was a APS-C design with bad vignetting and soft corners on FF
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
nmd
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
[...]
Schneider has not made SLR lenses for ages.
[...]
For SLR, no... but as far as I've understood, they're still designing lenses for other types of businesses.

Now, would the core competency be MUCH different to go back to the SLR market ? I wouldn't think so, especially for a fixed focal of "average" length (no extreme wide or tele).

And on the other side... as far as optical engineering is concerned, we all know the A* 85/1.4 is great. If Samsung could get a license on the optical specs, and would just have worked on adding autofocus to it... then we'd have a real killer for sure.
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Some says that Samsung began designing lenses, especially a 85mm f1.4:
Some say the world is flat.........
08-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Some say the world is flat.........
some said the world was flat. new evidence, new way of thinking. in this case, new hopes.
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
You know what I mean...
08-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #29
Pentaxian

You know what I mean...
Yep, merely pointing to the fact that it is MUCH too early to rejoice.
Intereting though ...
08-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Some still believe the world is flat.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
some said the world was flat. new evidence, new way of thinking. in this case, new hopes.