Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Saying that Pentax lenses are worse than their Canon or Nikon conterparts is plain silly. The DA and FA ltd are suberb and compare well to the best all systems mixed.
yes, optically at least, for the most part. so? i don't recall saying i don't like pentax glass, on the contrary.

QuoteQuote:
The strength of Pentax system is not price, it's compactness. It's the only brand to sell such a lineup of such compact lenses like : DA15/4, DA21/3.2, DA35/2.8, DA40/2.8, FA43/1.9, DA70/2.4 and FA77/1.9. I bought in the system because of the K10D, but I definitively stays in because of those lenses (and the FA31/1.8)

BTW, Tokina have a very poor reputation about its performance with flare, which on contrary a strength of Pentax. So even if the optical design is the same, a Tokina is not the same and not as good as its Pentax brother.
that's arguable. perhaps the multicoating makes a big difference, but according to reviews we've seen, not that big. the tokinas are fine lenses, for the most part as good as their pentax counterparts, afaik. maybe i am misinformed though.

QuoteQuote:
Now if you feel more confortable with Canon, feel free to go there, you just may regret Pentax spirit of compactness.
i may regret many other things from pentax, as i mentioned. that's why i'm still using pentax. but i appreciate the invitation

07-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nanok Quote

i may regret many other things from pentax, as i mentioned. that's why i'm still using pentax. but i appreciate the invitation
Well, one of the great point of Pentax community is that the people in there have often some significant experience on other systems, or even are using 2 or more camera systems.

You have people around here who have been or are using Canon, Nikon, Sony cameras, but also film 35mm, MF and LF cameras. I always found refreshing that Pentaxian have less "I have a bigger lens than you" spirit than any other brand afficionados. A downside of Pentax getting FF would be to loose that spirit.

Making your move slowly and carefully, and not delivering half backed product is not a bad strategy for the consumer also. IMO