Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K10D wins "Camera Grand Prix 2007" in Japan

The PENTAX K10D D-SLR Camera Wins "Camera Grand Prix 2007" in Japan !!!!!!!

http://sanlydigital.blogspot.com/

05-16-2007, 05:28 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JAZZer Quote
The PENTAX K10D D-SLR Camera Wins "Camera Grand Prix 2007" in Japan !!!!!!!

SANLY Digital
I just hope it's not too late for Pentax. They should be building on successes like that + TIPA award for Best D-SLR Expert body.

Should they stabilize and continue with camera division then these prices should be on every marketing brochure and included in every advert.
05-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
I just hope it's not too late for Pentax.

Oh, please! Why must every ounce of positive news be immediately met with hints of doom and gloom? I'll repeat what I wrote elsewhere. Pentax is a fairly sound corporation with money in the bank, reasonably strong sales, and relatively robust profits. At the same time, it has considerable assets to build on in multiple markets. If Pentax were not so profitable with so many assets, companies like Hoya would not be so enthusiastic about a merger. Pentax is seeking ways to increase profits and reduce losses, which is nothing new since they've done it in the past by adding and discontinuing products. There is simply greater emphasis on profit/loss at the moment due to the ongoing ambitions of Hoya. Pentax seems to be moving in the right direction. It's business decisions appear sound. The company has had moderately good success with the K100D series and K10D, with the release of additional models planned within a few months. Press surrounding the company and it's products have been positive overall. In the end, the company faces challenges (what company doesn't), but none of it seems to involve doom and gloom for Pentax.

This award is an outstanding achievement for Pentax, as is the European award. Along with Pentax, K10D camera owners can also congratulate themselves for their exceptional taste in choosing a winning product. And don't forget to mention these awards to every Canon and Nikon user you meet - while looking down your nose disapprovingly at their cameras, of course.

stewart
05-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #4

Hear, hear!

Bostjan

05-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #5

I second that!
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #6

This is indeed a sign that Pentax have stirred the market. And in the end, it will also benefit owners of other camera systems, as they will have to improve their products.

I don't like excessive gloom. I prefer sunshine and good news, such as this Plus the actual photography that seems to have lost it's charm among some people.
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yep glass 1/2 here as well - enjoy the news and be thankfull that the K10D does not run on 'gas' now there is something to be depressed about

05-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If only awards would be the major seller with cameras

seriously, Pentax has a huge uphill battle to break into the top ranks.... I know people who bought Nikon's and Canon's ONLY because their friends did... and their friends... and so on.
That word of mouth sales is hard to break into, and it is a slow battle. hopefully Pentax has the resources to hang in there....

cheers

randy
05-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Oh, please! Why must every ounce of positive news be immediately met with hints of doom and gloom?...
Thanks Stewart. I'm another who is getting tired of reading the same doomsayer's prophecies over and over. Let's not make it a problem until it becomes a problem, and enjoy our fine cameras, manufactured by a long-term innovator in the field of SLRs.